trouble while upgrading congo 4.3.1 to 6.0.4

(congo JR)

Hello everybody, i've faced a trouble while upgrading congo software/firmware.

At first i tell what i've done.

-i've download new software upgrade 6.0.4. 

-read what i have to do (Step 1: Download the Congo604.zip file. Step 2: Unzip the software, rename the Congo604.exe file to "Congo.exe" and place the renamed file on your USB flash drive in a folder named SOFTWARE..... etc. =) )

-then i've done everything is written in Installation Instructions (created "software" folder at root of flash-drive, put there congo604.exe, renamed it to congo.exe, inserted it in console, start "software update", installed application, clicked "finish" and the console restarted itself)

after that i was supposed to see congo with new software but there were nothing. 

only "congo" logo is on the desk. nothing happens! console show nothing expect logo!

later i found another file which called "Congo_Facepanel_Firmware.zip" where were written how to upgrade firmware (Congo Face Panel Firmware Upgrade Instructions_052010.pdf)

i've found how to get Windows explorer screen. but i wanted to know - am i doing right if i trying to upgrade facepanel? is it worth to upgrade facepanel or it doesnt help me? do i need an internet connection to upgrade facepanel or "Congo_UI_1_3_01_09_0_01 RC.SRC" file is enough?

sorry for grammer - i'm from russia and english is not my native language, and i use it rarely =(

p.s. my fail - i've got congo JR.

[edited by: burton-fzz at 12:42 PM (GMT -6) on Tue, May 3 2011]
Parents
  •   Hello  it's me again. I want to post these message because somehow the issue with upgrading to 6.0.4. disappears! Yesterday when I decided to upgrade congo from 5.1.0 to 6.0.4 and when i prepared to deal with errors during installation 6.0.4. - nothing happened and firmware installation completed  successfully! I have no idea what was wrong during previous attempts to install 6.0.4. The only new was a DVI display at this time and new mouse. and i have no idea why service location protocol can crash installation if i use VGA display instead of dvi.. 

Anyway, thnks to everybody, may be somebody someday will find my post useful, thats why I posted this post.

•   Hello  it's me again. I want to post these message because somehow the issue with upgrading to 6.0.4. disappears! Yesterday when I decided to upgrade congo from 5.1.0 to 6.0.4 and when i prepared to deal with errors during installation 6.0.4. - nothing happened and firmware installation completed  successfully! I have no idea what was wrong during previous attempts to install 6.0.4. The only new was a DVI display at this time and new mouse. and i have no idea why service location protocol can crash installation if i use VGA display instead of dvi.. 

Anyway, thnks to everybody, may be somebody someday will find my post useful, thats why I posted this post.

Children
Related