Flashing lights

I 'hung' a couple of MLs and a couple of simple lights in A3D. When I turn on the simple ones I get a constant beam as expected. But FULL on either of the MLs strobes them! I've check both the profiles and can't see anything obvious. Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Parents Reply
  • Hi Robert, setting up fixture parameters is done in Patch, not Augment3d itself.  I found a couple of pitfalls that you should look out for. 

1) Make sure you've assigned some Color Wheel in Patch > Attributes

2) You need to label the ranges for Color Select so that the software knows to "hook them up" to the Color Wheel you've assigned to a particular channel.

Attached is a little showfile with only a single fixture in it, that is just intensity and Color Select.  You'll note that I gave it 12 ranges for Color, using the "Quick Actions" in the Fixture Editor.

Homemade ML Color Select 2020-09-08 09-17-00.esf3d

The Eos v3.0.0 User Manual describes using these tools starting here: Fixture Editor.  You may also want to look at Range editing a parameter and Quick Actions  (these are all grouped right next to each other in the manual).

I hope this helps.  If not, feel free to make a showfile with just your one custom fixture in it and post it here to the forums, and we can take a look.

Children
Related