Sola Frame 1000 Recalculate FPE SET

CIAO 

Software Version 3.0.1 Build 31
Fixture Library 3.0.0.138

I have a problem with Sola Frame 1000 an the recalculation of the position in Agumented

the fixtures are hung 5 meters high and my fpe set is:

When I recalculate the position fixture are in a different position in Agumented with respect to reality. For example on the Z axis there is a difference of about 50 cm. Also in another theatre where they have Sola Frame 1000 they told me they have the same problem. I also tried to add a point 6 but the position is not correct.

Where I might have made a mistake?

Thanks for your help.

Parents
  • It is worth checking that there is not a * next to fixture type in Patch, that will indicate you are using an older version of the fixture. The current fixture has a tilt range of -134.6 > 131.8 which takes account of the beam exiting the unit asymmetrically. 

Also as @starksk mentions, a small error in the centering of the beam can make a significant difference to the calculations. In general if you know you fixture is accurately positioned, you may be better off setting the position manually as you have done. FPE is primarily designed to discover or correct positions when they are unknown or inaccurate.

• It is worth checking that there is not a * next to fixture type in Patch, that will indicate you are using an older version of the fixture. The current fixture has a tilt range of -134.6 > 131.8 which takes account of the beam exiting the unit asymmetrically. 

Also as @starksk mentions, a small error in the centering of the beam can make a significant difference to the calculations. In general if you know you fixture is accurately positioned, you may be better off setting the position manually as you have done. FPE is primarily designed to discover or correct positions when they are unknown or inaccurate.

Children
Related