Custom Image Gobo Rotation in Augment3d

We have created a large amount of custom gobos for VL2600 profiles. When using augment3d, the custom images will all rotate one way (anti-clockwise), but they will not rotate the other way.  The seem to “bounce” at zero degrees rotation and then go back the other way, i.e. rotating the gobo both ways in real life will both go the same direction in augment3d above/below zero degrees. 

Also, I can create a separate thread, as I searched the forum and only saw this posted for Vipers, but the full wipe shutters on the VL 2600 profile and the full wipe barndoors on the 2600 wash are not correctly implemented in the stock profile.  Setting the thrust and user values to 200 as mentioned in a previous post fixed this to have the real fixtures match the augment3d fixtures. Also, the rotation of shutters is backwards and needed to be reversed in our fixture profile to make it match augment3d for the profile and wash.  Lastly the zoom parameters are incorrect for both fixtures. They are close on the profile (actual 7 - 48), but the zoom is 12-63 on the wash, not the 10-50 that is listed for both. 

Parents
  • Hi ,

Thanks for the great feedback. Since there is a lot to unpack here let me break it into sections:

When using augment3d, the custom images will all rotate one way (anti-clockwise), but they will not rotate the other way.
    1. Is this true only for custom images or all gobos in that profile?
    2. Would you be willing to share a show file with this behaviour? (Feel free to message me privately if you don't want to post it publicly)
    the full wipe shutters on the VL 2600 profile and the full wipe barndoors on the 2600 wash are not correctly implemented in the stock profile

Thanks. We'll add those fixtures to the list to be checked.

the rotation of shutters is backwards and needed to be reversed in our fixture profile to make it match augment3d for the profile and wash.

This one is actually possibly more complicated because the orientation of the fixture both in the real world and the model can affect this behaviour. Would you be willing to share a show file with your fixtures in the Augment3d Model and a video of the behaviour you are seeing in real life vs Augment3d? (Again feel free to message me privately if you don't want to post that info publicly)

the zoom parameters are incorrect for both fixtures. They are close on the profile (actual 7 - 48), but the zoom is 12-63 on the wash, not the 10-50 that is listed for both. 

Do you have any documentation you could share with us that has the correct values for those fixtures or was this discovered from measuring/experimentation? Typically, we build this information from the fixture manufacturer's manuals, but it is entirely possible there was incorrect information shared with us.

• Thanks for the quick response. Below are responses inline as well. (I just came back to this and realized that I never submitted my response from 1 month ago)

When using augment3d, the custom images will all rotate one way (anti-clockwise), but they will not rotate the other way.
    1. Is this true only for custom images or all gobos in that profile?
            Just imported images. Stock images work as expected.

2. Would you be willing to share a show file with this behaviour? (Feel free to message me privately if you don't want to post it publicly)
              I will message you to share a show file.
    the full wipe shutters on the VL 2600 profile and the full wipe barndoors on the 2600 wash are not correctly implemented in the stock profile

Thanks. We'll add those fixtures to the list to be checked.
         Great

the rotation of shutters is backwards and needed to be reversed in our fixture profile to make it match augment3d for the profile and wash.

This one is actually possibly more complicated because the orientation of the fixture both in the real world and the model can affect this behaviour. Would you be willing to share a show file with your fixtures in the Augment3d Model and a video of the behaviour you are seeing in real life vs Augment3d? (Again feel free to message me privately if you don't want to post that info publicly)

Understood. We did however hang six different fixtures in 3 different setups over a week of prefocusing. Everything else was working as expected with correct orientations, with the exception of the shutters in the correct location (We had to order them as D, A, B, C to get the fixtures to line up with Augment3d)

the zoom parameters are incorrect for both fixtures. They are close on the profile (actual 7 - 48), but the zoom is 12-63 on the wash, not the 10-50 that is listed for both. 

Do you have any documentation you could share with us that has the correct values for those fixtures or was this discovered from measuring/experimentation? Typically, we build this information from the fixture manufacturer's manuals, but it is entirely possible there was incorrect information shared with us.

These zoom specs came from the manufacturers spec sheet for the fixtures. It tracked in real life as well.I am happy to forward the cut sheets if needed.

• Regarding the custom gobo always rotating anti-clockwise: we have discovered that this is due to the gobo name containing the minus (-) character. This is being tracked as a part of EOS-51909 and will be fixed in a future version. To work around this behaviour, avoid using the character in the name of the gobo image.

Reply Children
No Data
Related