xyz positions crazy when importing from sketchup

hello, when i import file from sketchup in which i draw pipes or other objects with xyz on the center, then export in dae format, the pipes i draw have positions xyz i don't understand, looking like : position values = Y 551,1801   Z 36,3582     /   world values: Y 0,9235   Z 14. Can someone explain me those differences? knowing that the specific origin of the pipe is in its center, i don't get it. and sometimes y and z are inversed in the position values when they hould be similar to world (that's the case in sketchup.) Can anyone help?

Parents Reply
  • 2 good things: switching from sketchup hierarchy to augmented one, i can now get my pipes origines on their middle, which is quite convenient to place fixtures; XYZ become straight between Position and World,and Position gives values in meters as augmented.

BUT i found out new problems: the object gets a X rotation of -90 and the scale switches from 1 to 0,0254. Seems it needs to do so to keep world position and dimension. they are still inches values somewhere plus a axis switch i guess. still don't know where to look for. Will keep on digging, just surprised it happens only to me when the .dae format is what advise eos to choose for import

Children
No Data
Related