Tethered Machine and iRFR

Strange question. If I am using aTethered Machine for Augment3d out of one network port on my console and the lighting control network (including the router for the iRFR connection) is out of the second network port on the console, will the iRFR recognize that Augment3d is open and allow me to use the Focus Wand features? Port 1 and Port 2 are set to two different subnets (very different IP ranges altogether actually). 

TIA

Parents Reply Children
  • Matt,  can you clarify a bit more.  As I understand it the iRFR must connect to the primary console.  Now you are saying that the console you connect the iRFR to has to have local Aug3d working on it.  This means that if your primary console can not run augmented natively you CAN NOT use the augmented part of the iRFR remote?????

If my understanding of this is correct this is a pretty big issue.  

• I made a mistake in my testing!  I'll correct my statement above.

For Focus Wand access, iRFR/aRFR has to be able to talk directly to both the Eos software and the Tether (Augment3d) software - they have to be in the same subnet.

So if my console, tether, and aRFR are all in the 10.101.x.x range with 255.255.0.0 subnet for example, then I should be able to connect aRFR to the Eos console while Augment3d is running on the tether. I did see that working as I was testing it out.

• We have been having issues using a tethered computer with an RPU as master.  After reading this today we fired up the tethered machine as a client and were able to get the remote working.  With the RPU and tethered computer we could not get the remote to see the augmented 3d connection.  All computers in the same subnet but remote not able to connect to augmented.

I can try some additional versions tomorrow but currently we have the client computer running augmented and are able to connect to it(client) with the iRFR software and control the console with focus wand working.

• Keep in mind that RFR cannot connect directly to an ETCnomad started in Augment3d Tether mode.  RFR always has to connect to "real" Eos, whether Primary, Backup, or Client. 

It should 100% work to connect RFR to a Client that is running Augment3d on the Client.  

It should 100% work to connect RFR to a Client that is, itself, connected to an Augment3d Tether, so long as they're all on the same subnet.  

You can also Focus Wand in Offline mode.

• Did some additional testing today.  In tethered mode I got the remote working but had issues with model loading and also lost some elements in the augmented model.  Logs listed items being removed because they were "not in use". Settled on having a computer online as a client and running Augmented on that machine as well as using that machine as the connection for the remote.  This seems to be the most stable setup we could find.

• had issues with model loading and also lost some elements in the augmented model.

We would be very interested in seeing logs from the Primary console and the one where model parts were missing.  You may email those directly to me at mattp @ etcconnect.com 

• Matt,  I will try.  We closed up the facility for the winter but might be back for a singe day in a week or so.  I will email you the picture I took of the Augmented 3d log.  

Related