Not getting OSC out on TouchOSC

Trying to get TouchOSC working with Nomad... I can get OSC from my device to my PC, but no OSC from the PC to my device. All the ports match (OSC In/Out from Nomad match the Out/In on TouchOSC, respectively), strings Rx/Tx enabled... IP addresses set accordingly. On my Windows 8 PC, I cannot ping my device from the Nomad shell; it gives me Error 10013. From my WinXP PC, I CAN ping from the shell to my device, but still not getting OSC from Nomad on my device. OSC Out messages are showing up in the Diagnostics tab, but my device doesn't seem to receive them.
I've checked both Windows Firewall and my anti-virus, and added the appropriate exceptions. Still nothing works. The good news is, this isn't show-critical (yet), so I have some time to play around with things. I'll be able to test it on an actual console later this week.

Parents Reply Children
  • It is probably your router/router settings. You need to setup your router so that the port you are using to transmit from the console to your device is open to the device. The method for this is different on the different brand/models so it is difficult to help with specific instructions. You probably need to point your outgoing osc ip at the router and port forward the appropriate port to the ip address of your iPad. This is one of the complications of using UDP based OSC is that you need an understanding of TCP/IP networks and ports. If your router has the ability to be in bridged mode I would try that at least for testing purposes. I don't like leaving routers in bridged mode because most of them can't handle all the sACN traffic on the wireless side.
Related