Need help receiving MIDI Raw Data!

I'm trying to start using show control for my church. Here's my set-up so far:

I'm using ProPresenter to successfully send a MIDI note to a program called Bome MIDI Translator. Bome translates the MIDI note (C-1 for example) into a hex string (F0 7F 01 02 01 01 31 00 31 F7, which then translates to Go to Cue 1/10).

The program lets you know if the connections are right with by displaying Input / Output signals as blinking lights. Everything seems to be in order. MIDI in and MIDI out are both successfully activating.

The ETC Ion board is where the issue comes in. It just isn't reading the signal. I'm looking at the Diagnostics command line and no command is being received when I play the MIDI note from ProPresenter. I'm confident there's a setting within the Ion that I haven't set up properly.

Would anyone be able to help me in these finals steps? I'm so close, but I've hit a roadblock.

Thanks!

Parents
  • Hi Michael-

Eos doesn't yet support arbitrary MIDI notes/controllers - but it does support MIDI Show Control as detailed in the Show Control user guide. It looks from your packet format that it is MSC (which is MIDI SysEx) that you are trying to convert to with Bome?

The first thing I would verify is that MSC Receive is enabled in the Setup menu, and what channel it is set to. The ACN MIDI RX ID should also be set to 1, and confirm the MIDI Rx Group ID in the shell (ECU) under local I/O is set to 1.

Let us know how you get on-

Luke
  • Hi Luke,

That's correct. Since the Ion doesn't support MIDI notes, I'm using Bome to convert it to MIDI SysEx. Bome is receiving and transmitting the signal correctly, but the Ion isn't receiving anything.

MSC Receive is enabled, and the RX IDs do match (the shell and the setup menu is both set to 1). The TX ID is also set to 2.

But it still doesn't work.
Reply Children
Related