One way communication using Eos V 2.4 and TouchOSC. HELP PLEASE!!

Hoping some one can help me.

I'm getting one-way communication using Touch OSC and and Ion Console running the Eos software V2.4. The TouchOSC app see the communication from the Ion, but none of the command sent from the TouchOSC app is been received by the console.

I've double and triple check all inputs to make sure that everything is correct and I can find no issues. It seems like the app isn't sending out ANY thing. The red communication indicator in the app blinks when the app is seeing what's going on at the console and the command line on the app mirrors everything from the console as soon as I input it in the console. However, if I try to input commands into the app nothing happens, including the green indicator light in the top right hand corner of the app not blinking at all.

Any ideas?

Thanks
I'm running Eos v2.4 and I'm using the Eos_TouchOSC layout template from the ETC Labs.  Im using TouchOSC v1.9.8 on an iPad Air 2 using iOS 10.

I've also including photos of the set-up (my iPad setting and the console setting) everything looks good from my end, but maybe I'm wrong.

• To narrow down the troubleshooting, open the EOS diagnostics tab (Tab 99) and toggle Incoming OSC and Outgoing OSC logging on. This will allow you to see what the EOS is sending and receiving.

The only other suggestion I have is to add IP address 10.101.125.102 as the router address on the iPad. Or set all devices to have the same router/gateway address of 10.101.1.1

-Todd
  • Hi Todd,

The diagnostics tab is showing clearly that the console is sending OSC Packets, but there's no incoming packet at all.  Also, using the IP address 10.101.125.102 as the router address had no effect on the problem.

Thanks for your help ... do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks.

p.s. realized that I uploaded the same photo twice above ... this should be the other photo.  Don't know if shows anything other than the fact that UDP Strings and OSC is enabled.

• can you try 10.101.1.1 in your ipad settings as Router and the same address in your console for Default Gateway.
  • Thanks four help, unfortunately, that did not resolve the issue. The diagnostic tab is still showing that there is not incoming OSC information.
  • Tell us about your wifi router and settings. They may be being blocked out from the router.
  • That may be a possibility. What specifically would you like to know (outside of the fact that it is a D-Link router)? Just as a point of reference, these settings worked fine (and still does) with the ETC iRFR app.
  • So to circle back around. If the green light doesn't blink in TouchOSC.... It isn't transmitting anything. I would suggest trying a different layout. Maybe start from scratch and build a couple buttons to verify that TouchOSC hasn't crapped out somehow. It is sounding like your setup is fine but TouchOSC isn't working correctly somehow.

I've been seeing some info about TouchOSC and iOS 10 being an issue.

• O.k., So I got it!!!!!!!!  After more than half the day I got it.  Thank you, to all of you, because after re-reading your comments again, it forced me to dig deeper.  

So Andrew, I was able to rule out iOS 10 being an issue as I tested the layout as well as a simple layout that I had built on an iPad running iOS 9 and came up with the same.  I was then able to confirm that TouchOSC was not the issue either as I was able to connect both iPads (the one running iOS 10 and the one running iOS 9) to the  ETCnomad MAC software and get then to function (on a different network from that of the one with the Ion console).  That's when the light bulb went off!!!  If the app functioned perfectly fine on Nomad (all be it on a different network) then the problem had to be with the network configuration.

So I circled back to Todd's message and then back up to Jay's ... and dug into the router's settings!  Bam!!!  That was it!  Turns out I was using the the freaking wrong router address in the iPad settings.  I changed the router address and DNS address (just for good measure) on the iPad and made the same change to the Default Gateway on the Ion.  DONE!  Everything works perfectly, bidirectional communication!

So moral of the story, double check, triple check and ask for help, but don't give up!

Thank you so much guys for all your help!!!!!!

(this is the correct setting for the iPad)

Related