Locking a Console via OSC ?

Hi there, 

I'm wondering whether via OSC, it is possible to Lock a Console ?

I can see both the Shift + Escape commands in the Key Reference Guide, but wonder whether the console supports Key Down on 1 while you press the other.

If this is possible, does the console accept OSC Commands while locked. I assume User 0 background commands would still work, but User 1's command line would need to be unlocked via the face panel ?

This would be very useful ! 

Many thanks

James

Parents
  • Hi James,
    you can lock the console with OSC.

The trick is to send a shift keypress 1 than the esc keypress 1 when the button
    is down, when the button is up you send first shift keypress 0 and then escape keypress 0.
    -> SHIFT 1, ESCAPE 1, SHIFT 0, ESCAPE 0
    The OSC sequence SHIFT 1, ESCAPE 1, ESCAPE 0, SHIFT 0 doesn't work.

It is a litte bit different, e.g. you have a button to fire a MACRO and another button for LOCK
    - MACRO and LOCK have the same user -> when locked the macro button don't work.
    - MACRO user 0, LOCK user 1 -> it works as expected, the MACRO can done in background.
    - MACRO user 1, LOCK user 0 -> when MACRO is pressed, the macro overrides the lock state,
      you have to press the LOCK button twice the get the console locked again.

• Thanks for the explanation.

so to specify a user I would use (in Qlab for example):

/eos/user/0
    /eos/key/Shift
    argument - 1.0
    /eos/key/Escape
    argument - 1.0
    /eos/key/Shift
    argument - 0.0
    /eos/key/Escape
    argument - 0.0

Is that the right syntax ? I'm not sure if the double argument is correct. I referred to Sam's post on the matter in this thread:
    community.etcconnect.com/.../77665

Would I just fire that same sequence again to unlock it ? I'm not sure I quite follow the macro logic - I thought the "Lock" that is provided in the Macro commands in the CIA was the toggle for locking / unlocking Palettes ?

I've downloaded the list of commands but am struggling to find any examples ...

James
  • Thanks for the explanation.

so to specify a user I would use (in Qlab for example):

/eos/user/0
    /eos/key/Shift
    argument - 1.0
    /eos/key/Escape
    argument - 1.0
    /eos/key/Shift
    argument - 0.0
    /eos/key/Escape
    argument - 0.0

Is that the right syntax ? I'm not sure if the double argument is correct. I referred to Sam's post on the matter in this thread:
    community.etcconnect.com/.../77665

Would I just fire that same sequence again to unlock it ? I'm not sure I quite follow the macro logic - I thought the "Lock" that is provided in the Macro commands in the CIA was the toggle for locking / unlocking Palettes ?

I've downloaded the list of commands but am struggling to find any examples ...

James
Children
Related