What am I doing wrong with OSC subscriptions?

I'm trying to subscribe to some parameter updates....  So many holes in the documentation, and so many versions of the documentation floating around...

It looked like, from the v3.1.0 User Manual that you could just send it as an OSC command:

/eos/subscribe/param/Intens=1

I get a message that "enable/disable" is missing. So I passed it in not as part of the path but as a separate argument, 1, and that didn't return an error, but it also doesn't send me updates when intensity changes.

Without being able to find any good examples, I have to ask what I am doing wrong.

The docs seemed to say that I should be seeing this in the output:

/eos/out/param/intens

Unknown what values it returns since that isn't documented and I can't get it to send anything. Slight smile

Parents Reply
  • If you are writing your own software then other questions come to mind.  What connection method are you using? UDP or TCP? Have you tried sending to a piece of software that you can have bounce messages back or log so you can see the exact message?  Diagnosing your IDE and personal software is very difficult since it its still unclear if you understand OSC in its methods and practices. If you are looking for coding examples of how to make this work we need to know what IDE and software/hardware you are developing on.  What does your packet look like in Wireshark?  What does the Diagnostic tab in Eos show.  Pictures might be helpful.

Children
No Data
Related