Why does my eos send my entire log to the connected qlab?

I send osc to a qlab computer. It missed a few ques today and when we started to look for an answer we realized that everthing that eos logs get sent to qlab. [Global udp] send [osc package] for every button I push. And all inofmation every second in a fade. Everything! Why? 

Parents Reply Children
  • "There are 3 important OSC Messages you can send::

/eos/filter/add=<address pattern> - This would allow the eos to send the osc message with the same address pattern as specified in the argument e.g /eos/filter/add=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send Eos cue fire messages, note the wildcard * i used there!!!

/eos/filter/remove=<address pattern> - This removes the specified commands from Eos' filter list e.g /eos/filter/remove=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send messages that are in the filter list if it has anything in its list. or it will send everything if not.

/eos/filter/clear - This removes everything from the Eos' filter list

Think of the filter list as a list of commands that Eos will send if it has anything in, if its empty it will send everything as usual."

Ref:   RE: Disable Explicit OSC Output with hat-tip to   

And a bit further down he notes 

"Please do be aware that filters are applied on a per session basis. That is that each TCP connection, each device connecting to Eos via TCP would have their own Filters list that you can add and remove from. Lighthack is TCP. If you are connecting your device via UDP, the UDP OSC session could be being used by multiple devices. As such you could also be filtering other devices that are receiving by UDP..."

has rightly pestered us for many years to document this better (and lots of other facets of OSC) .  I have taken a note for the Product Managers that this is an ongoing issue.

Related