Why does my eos send my entire log to the connected qlab?

I send osc to a qlab computer. It missed a few ques today and when we started to look for an answer we realized that everthing that eos logs get sent to qlab. [Global udp] send [osc package] for every button I push. And all inofmation every second in a fade. Everything! Why? 

Parents
  • Best thing is to use eos's OSC filters to filter down to onlt the messages you need - check out the documentation at https://github.com/ETCLabs/EosSyncLib/blob/master/Supported%20OSC%20Commands.pdf

I think you want to send (from Qlab to Eos) /eos/filter/add "/cue/*" (I think - I haven't tested this

• I tried this - I sent /eos/filter/add=/cue/* and other variations with "/cue/*" and so on from qlab to my element2 - Eos recieves the message, but still sends everything.
    It seems I can't really filter with the current software?
    I read in other threads that apparently some people made it happen, but how?

• "There are 3 important OSC Messages you can send::

/eos/filter/add=<address pattern> - This would allow the eos to send the osc message with the same address pattern as specified in the argument e.g /eos/filter/add=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send Eos cue fire messages, note the wildcard * i used there!!!

/eos/filter/remove=<address pattern> - This removes the specified commands from Eos' filter list e.g /eos/filter/remove=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send messages that are in the filter list if it has anything in its list. or it will send everything if not.

/eos/filter/clear - This removes everything from the Eos' filter list

Think of the filter list as a list of commands that Eos will send if it has anything in, if its empty it will send everything as usual."

Ref:   RE: Disable Explicit OSC Output with hat-tip to   

And a bit further down he notes 

"Please do be aware that filters are applied on a per session basis. That is that each TCP connection, each device connecting to Eos via TCP would have their own Filters list that you can add and remove from. Lighthack is TCP. If you are connecting your device via UDP, the UDP OSC session could be being used by multiple devices. As such you could also be filtering other devices that are receiving by UDP..."

has rightly pestered us for many years to document this better (and lots of other facets of OSC) .  I have taken a note for the Product Managers that this is an ongoing issue.

• "There are 3 important OSC Messages you can send::

/eos/filter/add=<address pattern> - This would allow the eos to send the osc message with the same address pattern as specified in the argument e.g /eos/filter/add=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send Eos cue fire messages, note the wildcard * i used there!!!

/eos/filter/remove=<address pattern> - This removes the specified commands from Eos' filter list e.g /eos/filter/remove=/eos/out/event/cue/*/*/fire - Eos will now only send messages that are in the filter list if it has anything in its list. or it will send everything if not.

/eos/filter/clear - This removes everything from the Eos' filter list

Think of the filter list as a list of commands that Eos will send if it has anything in, if its empty it will send everything as usual."

Ref:   RE: Disable Explicit OSC Output with hat-tip to   

And a bit further down he notes 

"Please do be aware that filters are applied on a per session basis. That is that each TCP connection, each device connecting to Eos via TCP would have their own Filters list that you can add and remove from. Lighthack is TCP. If you are connecting your device via UDP, the UDP OSC session could be being used by multiple devices. As such you could also be filtering other devices that are receiving by UDP..."

has rightly pestered us for many years to document this better (and lots of other facets of OSC) .  I have taken a note for the Product Managers that this is an ongoing issue.

Children
  • I read all that before...

the problem was different:
    1. I was stupid - I didn't send it correctly
    2. I have to send /eos/filter/add "/cue/*" (the version with ".../add=/cue..." did not work for me.

now it works.

For everyone, who is as slow as me: (this is Qlab 4 specific - I don't have Qlab 5 yet)

In EOS:

1. Setup the Connection between Eos and Qlab (ip and port and all) - there is a support-article on the etc-website somewhre, that explains it better than I could

2. make shure that you send "/cue/%1/start" with every go (it is also in the same article %1 means, that it send the current cue number %2 would be the number of the cuelist - It is explained in the software even)

now in QLAB:

1. Set up the Network in Qlad workspace correctly - the right IP and port is key Smiley

2. Set up a network cue in Qlab, that sends /eos/filter/add "/cue/*" as OSC message to the eos machine

2.1. Check If you did not only put the OSC message as the cue name, but as the actual message to send - guess what I did Smiley

3. now check, If EOS still sends as much

for me it works now - EOS sends only /cue/%1/start 

Related