Nomad EOS Network settings

Running EOS Nomad on Dell laptop Windows 7 using a DMX King eDMX 4 RDM converter. I could use some help on the Nomad EOS Network settings please.

Status shows green "online" now. Obtain ip auto is not checked however the address and subnet with no gateway I believe are correct and grayed out. (inaccessible or changeable.)

Know not what to set for Remote startup and shutdown, if anything nor know not what to set for Output Protocols and all below.

At this point I get no response on any lighting.

Parents
  • I just set up my eDMX4 and tried it with the Nomad system and can report that it works! There are several things to watch out for when doing the initial setup, though. First of all, the screenshot in the DMX King manual DOES NOT show the default IP address that is on the eDMX4. The chart at the very start of section 3 of the manual does show that address (192.168.0.112) Use the address in the chart, not the screenshot, for your initial setup. Put a (manual) static IP in your ethernet (wired) connection settings on your computer on the same subnet (I used 192.168.0.114 for my computer). You should be able to ping the eDMX4 from your computer. (Start button or search, CMD, ping 192.168.0.112 in the command line black box that comes up). Note- do not attempt to use an existing building data network for this. Lighting networks should always be separate. You will need a small POE switch and these are only about $50 these days. On my computer, I can still access the building network with the wireless connection, and use the wired port for eDMX4 use only. 

One other thing to consider is that the four DMX ports are set up for 4 DMX universes. If you only need one universe and one port, just connect to the leftmost DMX port #1. You can also configure the remaining ports to mirror port 1 in the configuration utility. 

• I just set up my eDMX4 and tried it with the Nomad system and can report that it works! There are several things to watch out for when doing the initial setup, though. First of all, the screenshot in the DMX King manual DOES NOT show the default IP address that is on the eDMX4. The chart at the very start of section 3 of the manual does show that address (192.168.0.112) Use the address in the chart, not the screenshot, for your initial setup. Put a (manual) static IP in your ethernet (wired) connection settings on your computer on the same subnet (I used 192.168.0.114 for my computer). You should be able to ping the eDMX4 from your computer. (Start button or search, CMD, ping 192.168.0.112 in the command line black box that comes up). Note- do not attempt to use an existing building data network for this. Lighting networks should always be separate. You will need a small POE switch and these are only about $50 these days. On my computer, I can still access the building network with the wireless connection, and use the wired port for eDMX4 use only. 

One other thing to consider is that the four DMX ports are set up for 4 DMX universes. If you only need one universe and one port, just connect to the leftmost DMX port #1. You can also configure the remaining ports to mirror port 1 in the configuration utility. 

Children
No Data
Related