Ion Repair fail - no cue memory.

Hi, My ion will not retain recorded cues. I write a cue, save it, and then every cue becomes the same as that one. (tracking is off) I go to the next cue, write a cue and then save it, again it saves universally. Every cue becomes the same as that cue. Here's the kicker. I sent the board to etc repairs and they said it worked fine and sent it back. of course i paid for all the shipping. luckily they sent a loaner board and I still have that. NTL, the guys in Middleton WI did not, or maybe can not, fix this issue. They did re-burn in the hard drive. I posted a youtube of the issue. Can anyone help me? I truly hope this is a local problem that I can fix. I would very much like to learn that I am making some mistake.  video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOpHJYWC9OE&feature=youtu.be

Parents
  • Hi, new info. I have calmed down a bit and removed the fader wing. The Ion started to work correctly. So it looks like my issue may be with recognition of the panel. 2x20 connected to the main console. I reconnected the panel and can not program the wing panel. I suspect my console is not seeing it. It just has the start images on the little screens. I will investigate further tomorrow. Again, is this sounding familiar to anyone?
  • Hello, John:

It does appear from your video that the playback pair is down, as ScottT suggested. As for the wing- when you say start images, can you please be more specific? Is it the Electronic Theatre Controls screen? Or a screen with a single line on it?

Thank you,
  • It's the "Electronic Theatre Controls " screen. I have yet  to be able to "talk" to the faders = not been able.

• Hi folks. (Scott and Sahsa) Thanks for the input. I just checked, the ION is running OK now. there may have been some sort of combo between those sliders and the wing panel that was unhappy. I can not be sure what each operator did each time. Things are better getting this far. I still do not have the fader wing. I now need more clues to how to get the fader wing back into play. it is attached, has power due to the ETC on the screens. I restarted a couple of times and the wing is not in the desk setup window at all. Am I maybe missing a driver or something? Or perhaps there is a connection issue that does not effect power? Any clues? When I hold down fader control , nothing happens. BTW, before I took off the fader wing, it did have programming.

I loaded an old show where it worked and was programmed and it did not work.

Clues?
  • Are you connected by USB cable or direct mounting? Whichever you might try the other method.

If by USB, then also try different ports and cables.
  • Hi John:

I have been trying to call you.  I noted that you may be available later this afternoon and will try you again then.

Rick is moving in a great direction.  Is the wing docked to the side of the console vs connected with USB and separate power supply?

Was the console powered on when the wing was connected?  The console can have a hard time detecting the wing if it is not connected at the time the console boots up.

Thank you,

• Hi John:

I have been trying to call you.  I noted that you may be available later this afternoon and will try you again then.

Rick is moving in a great direction.  Is the wing docked to the side of the console vs connected with USB and separate power supply?

Was the console powered on when the wing was connected?  The console can have a hard time detecting the wing if it is not connected at the time the console boots up.

Thank you,

Children
Related