Windows 10 and USB Gadget

Hi!

Is there a compatability issue with Windows 10 and the USB Gadget?

Have just purchased Nomad with the gadget and installed on a laptop purchased solely to run Nomad, but cannot get any DMX output.

Windows is saying there is no available driver for the AVAB CONGO I/O Interface.

Have tried updating all ETC software using the UpdaterAtor downloaded from ETCs website but no success.

Any suggestions??

• Thanks for that. Just trying to narrow possibilities down.

If possible, could you go into device manager on both systems and see what driver date and version is being reported for each systems IO Card/Gadget?
  • Hi Natalie ,

could you install our UpdaterAtor Software on your Laptop. It can be found on our Website here.

https://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737475978

After that is installed, then go to your device Manager in Windows, and manually install the driver

for the Gadget - and then you can find the needed Driver here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ETC\UpdaterAtor\GadgetDrivers

If you Need help with any of These steps, just reach out to us in a Private Message or Call.

• the win7 machine belongs to i client and i no longer have access to it, sorry. but just to make sure that we're talking about the same thing: the problem in my case was not that the driver didn't work, the problem was that the installer didn't install the driver. after i pointed windows to the directory everything went smoothly...
  • That's OK, wishful thinking on my part :) Thank you for your information so far.

Yes, we are on the same page for sure. Based on driver version that's installed it would tell me some things about the installer it came from. Also, a driver can be rejected by windows from the installer but still be pointed to manually and work. It's not so much the driver as it could be things like a security certificate for instance causing windows to disallow the driver to be installed automatically, but windows will allow the driver to be used when manually installed.

If I have more questions I'll send a PM or something.
  • I have a similar issue. I have a new laptop with Windows10 I have installed Nomad but it is not recognising my Gadgets when they are connected. The gadgets work fine on my (slightly) older laptop PC which also runs Windows 10.

The new laptop is an HP Pavilion with AMD processors. The older is a DELL with Intel.

On my HP I have C:\Program Files (x86)\ETC\HighSpeed_Pipeline_Drivers so maybe I can install it manually as suggested in the comments above but I don't know how. Could someone provide a bit of instruction please.
  • I have an Update on this issue....Windows 10 messed up my gadget a few weeks ago, ETC eventually said it was a Windows issue and not a ETC issue....we I think it is a little bit of both. Anyway...after lots of reading, no end of frustration, copying drivers from one machine to another I finally got it sorted. here is the story....All was fine on My laptop, but some windows update messed up the drivers for the Gadget. In the past when it had happened I just rolled back...but the rollback option was gone now. Everytime I plugged in The Gadget I would get an BLK IO error in the device manager and no output. So Followed the following steps.
    Right Click on Error device.
    Choose Update driver
    Then browse on my puter for Driver software
    Then at the bottom of that window, Click let me Choose From list of Available drivers
    Then in the next window, click Have disk.
    Then at bottom of next window Browse to and select ETC_Win USB_drivers folder.
    Click open then Ok.
    After install Then Reboot and restart program.

Remember to check your Output start addresses in System Setup.

Hope that works for who ever encounters this problem.
Related