OSC on iOS 10

Hi all,

I don't know if the issue I'm having now is with iOS 10 or EOS 2.4 but I can no longer connect with TouchOSC. Is anyone else having this problem?  Is there a work-around?

Thanks

Parents
  • Has anyone else gotten this working? After updating to the latest iOS 10 update it seems to have broken things for me as well. I no longer am getting all the information from the desk like the fader pages aren't populating anymore. None of the groups are there either. Like the person prior nothing has changed in the settings on the console or the software on the iPad.
  • Hi Brian,

The original poster had all sorts of incorrect settings, despite saying nothing had changed. There is no issue with iOS 10 and Eos/TouchOSC. The only issues will be if your settings are incorrect.

If you post your settings we should be able to help.

Cheers

Dan

• Just as a preface, this did work perfectly fine with no changes to anything before.  Only thing that has changed was the Console and iPad have been updated to the latest.  I can see what's being typed on the console but that's it.  

• Hi Brian,

This seems like a different case. Your settings look good to me. Can you ping the iPad from Eos? The IP addresses and masks look good.

Dan

• Yeah everything can talk and it semi does. From the iPad in the OSC software I can see what is being typed on the console under the Cues section. I can see the desk time, What cue is active and pending. It's not populating the fader or group pages. It all stopped working when I updated to iOS 10 and the desk to 2.4.1.  It also won't respond to anything typed on the iPad.  

• Ah ok, sorry I slightly misunderstood. As I say it's working fine for me, but there may be an issue in TouchOSC on certain models which the developer needs to fix. You could try contacting Hexler.

If you open diagnostics on Eos and enable incoming OSC you should see any buttons presses from TouchOSC. If you don't then it's TouchOSC that's at fault here.

Cheers

Dan

• Try adding a router address to your iOS device. If you are on a bridged wireless network I would use the ip address of the console. If you are on a NAT/DHCP router then you need to use that devices ip address for the router so the iOS device knows where to send it's packets.
  • I have never had a router IP address before and it always worked. I have also tried using the console IP as the router and it does nothing. Same problem where I can see what's being typed on the console in the app but not getting any of the other information. Also the console doesn't react to any commands typed in the oscTouch App
  • We are not denying that this setup worked in the past. We are trying to understand what the setup is so we can help you diagnose and repair it.
    When you updated your ios device to iOS 10 did you also update touchosc?
    You have one way communication working. The console is not getting any of the commands from your iOS device. How are you getting your iOS device's wifi connected to the console/computer? Are you making an ad-hoc wifi network with your computer? Are you sharing your internet connection from the computer?
    Can you ping the computer from your iOS device? This would confirm that packets can get form the iOS device to the computer and back.
    Do the transmit and receive lights in touchosc work? Are you seeing transmit flash when you press buttons?
    Have you tried downloading the generic touchosc layout from etc to test that your layout didn't get corrupted?
    The first and most important thing you can test is whether or not you can ping the console from your iOS device.
  • Brian,
    I have reproduced the problem in touchosc here. It is a problem with touchosc and not the hardware/ios version. I can make my iPad 1 with iOS5 and an old version of touchosc work but touchosc does not transmit anything on my iPad air 1 and iPad air 2. The green transmit light does not flash and nothing is sent. I don't have any way to fix this at the moment other than suggesting contacting touchosc or moving to a different software platform. Lemur is currently working and oscRFR also works.
    This is a TouchOSC issue combined with iOS 10. Touchosc may work on some hardware/software versions but not all.
  • Brian,
    I have reproduced the problem in touchosc here. It is a problem with touchosc and not the hardware/ios version. I can make my iPad 1 with iOS5 and an old version of touchosc work but touchosc does not transmit anything on my iPad air 1 and iPad air 2. The green transmit light does not flash and nothing is sent. I don't have any way to fix this at the moment other than suggesting contacting touchosc or moving to a different software platform. Lemur is currently working and oscRFR also works.
    This is a TouchOSC issue combined with iOS 10. Touchosc may work on some hardware/software versions but not all.
Children
Related