Eos Software Version 2.6 is released and available for download.

2.6 Release Notes: http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx…
2.6 Manual Supplement: http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx…
2.6 Software (consoles and ETCnomad PC): http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx…
2.6 Software (ETCnomad Mac): http://www.etcconnect.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx…

2.6 includes, but is not limited to:
• Enhanced Snapshot Interface
• Quick-Access popup tools
• Fader Config: Manual Timing Master with channel/parameter filtering
• Fader Config: Macro X option for custom fader buttons
• [Sub 1 CopyTo Sub 2 Attrs Only] to only copy subs attributes, not levels or effects
• Changes to Subs With Effects
• 3 decimal places in target numbers that allow decimals
• "About +" Display Toggles
• New Query Conditions
• Use Shift + Label as a shortcut to get to Cue Notes
• An option to the Macro editor to exclude execution of the associated macro from being learned by Time Code.
• The ability to save logs from the main Eos app, without having to exit to the shell
• [Chan 1 CopyTo Chan 2 From_Absolute] to copy chan 1's absolute value to chan 2
• Scene targets on custom direct selects
• The use of any sACN universe
• Priority Marking
• Monitor Alias
• CSV Import
• Support for 3rd party MIDI over USB

2.6 also unlocks a substantial amount of functionality for Element.  Please check the release note and Element supplement.  

ETC is also going to only two levels of output for all devices, base and unlocked.  The release note covers the various pieces of hardware and what their new output levels are.  If you have a device that has higher output capacity than the base, 2.6 software will unlock output as noted in the release note.

Thanks all.

Anne

Parents
  • Hej dear ETC-gang,

Bug-Reports here or new post?

Edit:
    I will just hold that here for now to not forget about it....

In the Snapshot-list I wanted to exclude Snapshots from the favorites (2.5 Showfile all Snapshots had favorite entry). When I said Favorite_Enter it didn´t change anything on favorites but switched everything else off...

That´s a bug isn´t it?

• Hello Paule,

About your Snapshot question - yes, that is a bug.  In v2.6.0, in the Snapshots tab, select the Snapshot you do not want to have in the pop-up Favorites.  Then, use the softkeys to choose everything you *do* want it to have.

So, you might say : Snapshot 3 Visible Workspaces Direct Selects Custom DS.  

If you know you don't want a Snapshot to be a Favorite when you first record it, uncheck the Favorite box before you finish recording.

• Matt,
    in 2.6 is there any way to tell a snapshot to go to a specific monitor in Snapshot-List?

Thx!
  • Hello Paule,

When you record the Snapshot using [Record] {Snapshot} nnn - the onscreen tool shows you which monitors/frames you're recording.  That method remembers the look of each screen - and if you only tell it to record what is on Monitor 2, it will put that look back on Monitor 2, but not change anything about Monitor 1.

Maybe you want to record a Snapshot look, but be able to apply it to any Monitor?  If that's the case, you want to create a Single-Screen Snapshot (SSSS to be confusingly short).  To do that, open the Display Controls tool (the tiny computer screen in the top-left corner) (boxed in Green), then click on the "New Snapshot" button (boxed in yellow):

When you want to apply that Single-screen Snapshot to a particular monitor, open the Display Controls tool on that Monitor, then click on the SSSS.  Or, make sure that the monitor you want to apply the SSSS to is active (has the Gold bounding box, then type [Snapshot] [SSSS's #] Enter and it will fire just on that Monitor.

You can convert a Single-screen Snapshot to a Full Snapshot in the Snapshots editor (Tab 19).  [1] {Vis Wrkspcs} {Direct Selects} {Favorite} is the default for a new Full Snapshot.  You cannot directly convert a Full Snapshot to a SSSS one - you would just fire the Full Snapshot, then use the Display Controls method to record the SSSS version that you want.

• And when firing a SSSS from the command line it will always return to the monitor it was recorded from
  • Hi!
    Yesterday, learning the last EOS 2.6 update features, I checked that changing the number of channels in setup, I can have more than 250ch... and I can patch more than 250ch. We have two DMX physical universes and I can´t move more than 1024ch, but with artnet how many adresses can I move? I could checked that I can patch channel 10.000 and move adress 1 with channel 10000...
    Thanks, and I´m sorry for my poor english.
  • hi! what console do you have? Element? an elelement will only control 1024 different DMX addresses but they can be spread over many different universes (but of course those universes will not be full in that case). you can use the two ports in the back or any sACN or ArtNet node to translate from network to "normal" DMX
  • And will an update to 2.6 stop adding an external screen beeing such a pain in the ass?
    These days we more or less daily change our setup (0-3 external screens in different setups) and often it takes several startups to make the TI (Displayports, 2.5.2) recognize the screens correctly.
    + it seems to change screen numbers almost randomly wich leads to incorrect snapshots...

Nothing that´s impossible to handle with but really frustrating :-(
  • I know one should be carefull to say things like that BUT:

Ueli - I love you!!!

And Matt I thank you very much! Now I understand SSSS better! I just didn´t know that I can call an SSSS from any screen and not just the one it was build on.
    Can I call a SSSS on a specific Monitor from the commandline without selecting the frame first?
    Thinking to do it via Macro...
    Now I would just select a tab in that screen in the Macro but probably there is another way more sexy...?!
  • I know one should be carefull to say things like that BUT:

Ueli - I love you!!!

And Matt I thank you very much! Now I understand SSSS better! I just didn´t know that I can call an SSSS from any screen and not just the one it was build on.
    Can I call a SSSS on a specific Monitor from the commandline without selecting the frame first?
    Thinking to do it via Macro...
    Now I would just select a tab in that screen in the Macro but probably there is another way more sexy...?!
Children
No Data
Related