alert time in eos

Hi.

I´m a Cobalt user and thinking of going over to Eos after the discontinues of the cobalt family.

So one of my many questions about Eos is if there is a equal function as the Alert Time in Cobalt and Congo.

I have tired searching for this I'm both the manual and forum and so on....

But this feature may have a different name in Eos than Cobalt. So my searching is without luck.

For those of you who doesn't know what alert time is. It is a feature that records the timing between the go button presses in the cue list.

And than displays it as a countdown the next time you run the cue list. 

A really handy thing for when my colleges are running the show and are not familiar with the show.

Hope this makes sense to you all..

Regards from a Swede in the north.

Parents Reply Children
  • I can.
    I must only load via Macro a change in M651.
    Thats works in backround
    And,...then i can give in my "PSD" a Name for this macro that told me what happen.
    How do i name a Macro at EOS in PSD???

And i NOT need in every cue a new Movetime.
    I need global different Times for P/T and Scrollers.
    With your methode i programm for every move they do in every cue a different discrete movetime?
    I also ever though Mark and Automark are for give less work, not more...

• You can use query to select fixtures by their type and apply the mark time you want as you program the show.

Query Fixture_Type [Scrollers] Marking Time 7

Query Fixture_Type [Not Scrollers] Marking Time 2

etc. (I’m not in front of a desk right now, so let me know if the syntax is off, but it’s something like that)

If you want to make global changes, yes, that would take longer, and that’s why we keep seeing requests for a query function to select groups of cues, but you could make a macro that loops as many times as you have cues that runs this query, clears the command line, and proceeds to the next cue. It would probably need wait for enters in it so that you have the opportunity to clear the command line if the syntax error of “no channels selected“ comes up, otherwise you’d just change the timing of every cue in the show, but it would turn a million keystrokes into enter, enter, shift clear, enter, etc...

• Of corse I can do many.
    But thats all says, the Desk CAN`T do it automatic...

A real Darkmove can...

• I had hoped to be done hijacking this thread to discuss darkmove yet again. I suspect the way default parameter times might be implemented in some future release would be with time palettes and the default preset. That presupposes time palettes ever get implemented.

Related