connecting ION to Wysiwyg r22 on windows vista... help please

Heya there, i am a little lost... i have been using the ion (v.1.4.2.9.0.42) to connect to a XP PC running wysiwyg r22 and everything was going well.

Now i have been trying to connect the same console to a pc running vista and wyg. The IP settings on the pc are the same as on the old XP. The console also comes up when i look at available networks. I can ping the ion without any loss, but it won't give me any beams!? Is there anyone out there who can help with this? 

Parents
  • Have you tried disabling Windows Firewall?  I know that has helped me in the past with this same issue, although that was in XP.
  • Yep, i disabled the firewall and all other potential blockers. I can ping the ION from the Vista machine and the client software runs, its just that wysiwyg doesn't want to play. Anyone? please...
  • Make sure that "ETCNet2" is enabled in the Ion.

Other than that, give Cast or your Wyg dealer a call - they are best placed to help you solve the problem, as it's clearly to do with Wyg itself.

• Thanks for replying once again Richard. Yes Wyg is the problem. I was contacting the support machinery there and got the following answer...

v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }

Hi Marko,

Sorry for having taken so long to get back to you.  We tested every possible scenario that we could think of, and you are correct:  EDMX does not seem to come into WYSIWYG when using Vista.  We are currently researching a fix, and I will send you more details as they become available.  With any luck, we will be able to get this fixed in the next version, Release 23, but I unfortunately cannot make that promise.  I do promise that we will do our very best though..

My apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Regards,

Dany Tancou
    Technical Support Manager

Toronto, Canada
    1.416.597.2278 – Dial 1
    1.877.989.2278 – Dial 1

... not sure if that is good enough for a product costing a small fortune...

anyhow, have to go back to my old XP laptop now for pre programming...

cheers everyone for trying to help.

• Ok, that's not a great response.

I think I've seen at least one version of Wyg running properly under Vista, so I'll have another dig through my notes and see if I can spot anything that might be useful.

[edited by: Richard at 6:59 AM (GMT -6) on Sat, Nov 22 2008]
Reply Children
Related