Chauvet Rogue R2 Spot issues

Hi Everybody

A problem that has been bugging my lately with my Chauvet Rogues. I work in a festival style theatre with multiple shows in during the night. We jump between show files on a regular basis

I have found that sometimes when using them that the units will programme fine and then when it comes to performing the show in the evening they seem to have 'forgotten' their programming. For example i had an issue where 2 of them were focused in CS spot and then when the show file was fired up the pan seemed to think that was meant to be 2 meters to the left.

It only seems to be a problem relating to the pan and tilt parameters. Colour/gobo/prism etc are all fine and the only way that I have found to fix the problem is to do a Global Reset on the units.

I have contacted Chauvet and they haven't come across the problem before and don't really know what the problem is. Has anyone come across this before/ found a solution?

I am running Ion V 2.6.2

Parents
  • Normally, when this question comes up, I'd ask if you are using focus palettes or presets to store the position. Often, it's possible to inadvertently update a palette or preset and cause issues earlier in the show. (If you reuse Focus Palette 1 for instance in cues 1 and 100, and then update the position for Focus Palette 1 in cue 100, now cue 1 will have the new position information too). 

This caught my attention though:

SHawkins said:

Colour/gobo/prism etc are all fine and the only way that I have found to fix the problem is to do a Global Reset on the units.

This bit of information is really crucial. This makes it sound as though you play the cue, the position is wrong, you do a global reset (while still sitting in the same cue), and the fixtures come back to the correct position. No other console data has changed in the interim. (Is this right?)

If that's the case, it's almost certainly a problem with the fixture. The console will be sending the same DMX values -- you can confirm this by opening about with the channel selected and looking at Current Values and make sure the DMX value hasn't changed between a time when the fixture was in the correct position and not.

If the DMX values are changing from pan and tilt from when it was working/correct and when you notice it's off, then something else is probably going on. Let us know what you find!

• Normally, when this question comes up, I'd ask if you are using focus palettes or presets to store the position. Often, it's possible to inadvertently update a palette or preset and cause issues earlier in the show. (If you reuse Focus Palette 1 for instance in cues 1 and 100, and then update the position for Focus Palette 1 in cue 100, now cue 1 will have the new position information too). 

This caught my attention though:

SHawkins said:

Colour/gobo/prism etc are all fine and the only way that I have found to fix the problem is to do a Global Reset on the units.

This bit of information is really crucial. This makes it sound as though you play the cue, the position is wrong, you do a global reset (while still sitting in the same cue), and the fixtures come back to the correct position. No other console data has changed in the interim. (Is this right?)

If that's the case, it's almost certainly a problem with the fixture. The console will be sending the same DMX values -- you can confirm this by opening about with the channel selected and looking at Current Values and make sure the DMX value hasn't changed between a time when the fixture was in the correct position and not.

If the DMX values are changing from pan and tilt from when it was working/correct and when you notice it's off, then something else is probably going on. Let us know what you find!

Children
Related