Wishlist: Delete channels from an entire cuelist from the command line

Would be nice if I could remove a range of channels from an entire cuelist by typing:

"Chan X Thru Y Delete Cue A/ Enter"

Current function asks you to confirm, then it doesn't do anything.

Ethan

Eos Ti v2.7.3

Parents Reply
  • I know that. I'm not asking the forum for a workaround. It's just a wishlist item everyone, relax. The console functionality is inconsistent; the syntax in my original post can be used to remove channels from Subs, Cues, Palettes, and Presets, but not Cue Lists. ETC won't fix it if no one asks them to. 

Children
  • Well, they'd have to add a "Channel" key to all of the consoles.

Also, that syntax would delete the entire CueList, not just certain channels.

EOS has a structure and that structure is what makes things predictable.

When you toy with the structure, things get confusing and corrupts your show.

There is a way to do what you want it to do with almost identical effort to your way.

. . . . . .

The hardest part of what you ask is selecting every Q in your Cuelist.

On that front, I might suggest adding the ability to select every Q in a Cuelist by typing:

[Q] (1) [/] [0] [Enter]

???  . . Just a thought.

• If it's impossible for the console to use that syntax, then it should respond with a command line error.  Instead, it asks you to confirm, and then it does nothing.  Not even deleting the entire Cue List, like you suggest.

For the record, Cue 1 / 0 Enter results in an error

• Yes.... [Q] (1) [/] [0] [Enter] results in an error. That's exactly my point. It's an invalid command that can be programmed in the OS to select all cues in a cuelist.

Your proposed command line doesn't come back as invalid because the programmers didn't write code to generate an "invalid command" reply to that structure.

Code isn't magic.

• Cue 1/ Home Thru Enter already selects all cues in a cuelist and you don't have to know the first cue for that

Related