ETC Nomad Setup for dummies

Hello,

I purchased Nomad system for my school and I need to set it up. However, there seems to be nothing that actually sets up a step by step set up process. the tutorials don't seem to be specifically about the Nomad or Gadget II they just talk about specific systems. Can anyone point me to something that is meant for people just starting with this? 

Thanks

Parents Reply
  • Hi Joe,

I can see the confusion if it’s your first delve into EOS… a couple of quick notes. EOS is a family of products from the EOS itself to the Nomad puck/dongle/software. “Technically” the only differences are the physical interface. 

the manual is the same because the software is the same. Though there are some differences like face panel buttons on the EOS, ability to control motorized fader wings and so on. 

in your case as you’re not looking to be a client to a physical surface your console choice is “fairly arbitrary”, but my best advice is to emulate the console you think you might one day get as you may find the limits of the dongle and gadget sooner than later if you’re expanding your inventory. 

hope this helps! If you haven’t yet watched it the EOS playlist of the learning stage YouTube is a great step by step walkthrough of the EOS softwares. 

Children
No Data
Related