ETC Nomad Setup for dummies

Hello,

I purchased Nomad system for my school and I need to set it up. However, there seems to be nothing that actually sets up a step by step set up process. the tutorials don't seem to be specifically about the Nomad or Gadget II they just talk about specific systems. Can anyone point me to something that is meant for people just starting with this? 

Thanks

• Good morning everyone. I would like to express my opinion about what has been discussed in this thread. 

From the moment I discovered the EOS family (which was when I saw a console at a local theatre) I had never touched such a console (previous experience was 2 scene cross fade) so to say I was a total beginner is to over state my ability.

I knew what a parcan was but nothing else really. So my story goes like this.

I did some research on the internet and found the software and the online videos and downloaded it. Knowing I can't break anything because I was not connected to anything I pushed buttons and clicked on screen and followed the video tutorials provided by ETC and made great progress. Even learning the keyboard shortcuts (which I still use today even when working in several venues as a tech) 

Yes it did take time to learn and I have completed the online learning stages from level 1 to 3. I found it quite easy to do the most basic functions on the software. It has taken time for the more advance features to creep into my mind and stick but every day is a learning opportunity. 

What helped me understand everything so far has been YouTube videos on everything like what is DMX to the ETC videos. Talking to others and using forums such as this one to ask questions and get the answers I need. 

I can see how someone can be frustrated with this software especially if you are time poor and need to get it going. I had time to sit, watch and play and because I don't really like reading I hardly used the manual

As a result of learning this software and the physical consoles, the theatre is my main income where I work several venues in my local area.

I am quite good at tech stuff and somehow it just sticks when I learn it. I also find it helps to helps to learn if I have to pass on what I know.

This is my story and I acknowledge that everyone learns at different levels and paces. For me it has bee a great experience on my tech journey without too many bumps in the road.

Kind Regards

Geoff 

• You can add whatever you want to a custom Magic Sheet, including console buttons. No reason you can't make your own GUI using EOS.

Related