Why do CueLists need a Fader?

This is another of my never-ending frustrations.

I have multiple CueLists controlling everything from Lobby Lights to House Lights to Focus order.... Each of these I control via a Macro or the RFR, NEVER via a Fader.

but every time I invoke one of these CueLists, EOS assigns it to a Fader.... Which I then have to unassign to keep my Fader Pages rolling fine. I actually built into my Houselight Macros to delete Fader 5/1 after each execution.

Why is this a desired function and is there a way to disable it?

Parents
  • I agree with this being annoy and wish [go to cue] didn't create a fader assignment. I'm pretty sure this was left over from 1.0 workflows and definitely needs an update.

That being said, a current workaround could be using subs instead of cue lists for the more simple macros and leaving your more complicated stuff like focusing lights the way you have it.

Houselights, for example: sub x sneak full enter OR sub x sneak (wait for input) enter

• I agree with this being annoy and wish [go to cue] didn't create a fader assignment. I'm pretty sure this was left over from 1.0 workflows and definitely needs an update.

That being said, a current workaround could be using subs instead of cue lists for the more simple macros and leaving your more complicated stuff like focusing lights the way you have it.

Houselights, for example: sub x sneak full enter OR sub x sneak (wait for input) enter

Children
Related