Mac250 and Mac250+ fixture profile, gobo problems

Dear ETC and EOS Family Team,

Yesterday I was in a venue with Mac250 and MAc250+ units (not Entour or Krypton). I had some problems with gobo control.

On the Mac250+, I was able to rotate the gobos continuously, but only in clockwise direction. On the Mac250 (classic / non Plus), I was completely unable to rotate the gobos continuously.

I checked the fixture profile, and for both of them, it appears the profile doesn't match Martin's definition.

See https://adn.harmanpro.com/site_elements/executables/5340_1526693820/MAC250_DMXchart_V1_original.pdf

and https://adn.harmanpro.com/site_elements/executables/3024_1526061574/UM_MAC250_EN_D_original.PDF page 22

EOS definition of the Mac250 (non plus) for DMX byte 5: DMX-value 0-255, user value -100 to +100. no subsections.
EOS definition of the Mac250+ for DMX byte 5: DMX-value 0-255. "Index" when Gobo wheel mode is Index, "Rot" when Gobo Wheel Mode is Rot, Rot Scan +, Spin + Rot, Spin - Rot

Martin's information for byte five (both Plus and classic): 0-2 no rotation, 3-127 CW rotation, 128-252 CCW rotation.

This (and other) information certainly doesn't align, and probably explains the problems I was seeing.

If I had regular access to such fixtures, I would attempt to adapt the fixture profile to make it work. However, I don't have access to any, so that probably isn't much of an option.

Kindest regards,

Daniel

Parents
  • Upon further inspection of above documents and the EOS profiles, I'm beginning to think that probably the Mac250 had GTYP set to INdX mode, which is (maybe) possible in the fixture's menu but makes no sense for the hardware. It would explain the non-functional rotation and also the seemingly mixed-up gobos for the Mac250s. I'll try to confirm with the house technician.
    At this point a fixture update would be a 'nice to have' rather than absolutely necessary, for some other features which remain messy such as the prism effect when doing "Rot +". In an attempt to check out the problems I had, I dived deep into the fixture editor, and most of my remaining questions center around the fixture editor itself (Nomad 2.8.3) rather than the MAC250 profile. I might be back with some questions about the editor...

Kindest regards,

Daniel

• Upon further inspection of above documents and the EOS profiles, I'm beginning to think that probably the Mac250 had GTYP set to INdX mode, which is (maybe) possible in the fixture's menu but makes no sense for the hardware. It would explain the non-functional rotation and also the seemingly mixed-up gobos for the Mac250s. I'll try to confirm with the house technician.
    At this point a fixture update would be a 'nice to have' rather than absolutely necessary, for some other features which remain messy such as the prism effect when doing "Rot +". In an attempt to check out the problems I had, I dived deep into the fixture editor, and most of my remaining questions center around the fixture editor itself (Nomad 2.8.3) rather than the MAC250 profile. I might be back with some questions about the editor...

Kindest regards,

Daniel

Children
No Data
Related