No GO until cue complete

Quick one hopefully:

Have a cue which is dependent on an actor’s actions which changes because it’s largely improv, and I have no way of making them do it the same every time Joy. To explain further:

Cue 1 has a gen wash and blue backlight

Cue 2 is gen wash and orange backlight 

Cue 3 is spot with red backlight

The colour path transition between Cue 1 and 2 is really important, but Cue 3 is a snap to spot with backlight. So what I would like to do is still be able to snap to the spot once the cue is given, but to allow the blue - orange transition to carry on until complete and then go into red if we’ve moved to Cue 3 before it’s completed. How can I achieve this?

I hope what I’m after makes sense! 

Parents
  • Its a little complex but if you make cue 2 fire a cue in another cue list say 2/2 and on that cue set the follow time to match your cue 2 timing.

That means in the that cue list the following cue 2/3 can then have an exec of a macro on it that will fire when your original cue 2 transition is complete.  Let says this is macro 2 and on cue 3 on the main list make it fire macro 3.

So you now have one macro that fires on the transition completion of cue 2 and another that fires on the GO into cue 3

The next bit sounds complicated but isn't really.

You can then setup macro 2 to copy macro 4 to macro 3  having initially setup macro 3 to copy macro 4 to macro 2.

What that means is if cue 2 has completed its transition before they hit GO then when they GO it will run macro 4 but if they hit go before cue 2 completes then when 2's transition completes macro 4 will run.

So then you can make macro 4 do the snap to red etc.

On cue 1 you would fire a macro that arms all of this  ie  sets up the initial conditions of macro 2 and macro 3  so they do the copies described above (you'd do that by that macro copying in say macro 5 to macro 2 and 6 to macro 3)

• Its a little complex but if you make cue 2 fire a cue in another cue list say 2/2 and on that cue set the follow time to match your cue 2 timing.

That means in the that cue list the following cue 2/3 can then have an exec of a macro on it that will fire when your original cue 2 transition is complete.  Let says this is macro 2 and on cue 3 on the main list make it fire macro 3.

So you now have one macro that fires on the transition completion of cue 2 and another that fires on the GO into cue 3

The next bit sounds complicated but isn't really.

You can then setup macro 2 to copy macro 4 to macro 3  having initially setup macro 3 to copy macro 4 to macro 2.

What that means is if cue 2 has completed its transition before they hit GO then when they GO it will run macro 4 but if they hit go before cue 2 completes then when 2's transition completes macro 4 will run.

So then you can make macro 4 do the snap to red etc.

On cue 1 you would fire a macro that arms all of this  ie  sets up the initial conditions of macro 2 and macro 3  so they do the copies described above (you'd do that by that macro copying in say macro 5 to macro 2 and 6 to macro 3)

Children
No Data
Related