feature request: switch object in Magicsheet

Hello,

i would love to have a switch object in magicsheet.

What do i use it for?

our Worklight is a switch. As well as our direct power for some fixed switchboxes.

We do have a seperate Computer with a program on it, but having it on my desk would be nice.

And there are sure more options i can't think of right now.

What should it do?

Most likely a switch object will be assigned to a NonDim. So the common Targets(Channel/Address) are totaly ok.

On-State color, Off-state Color: the on and off state should be indicated with different colors of my choise.

Anything else? No, that's it.

I know that right now there are a couple of workarounds to do this. But why always work around if it could be a upcomming feature.

thank you in advance

thilda

Parents Reply Children
  • your magic sheet would have two objects: one is a button, target=sub the other is a button target=address next to it. the adress button should be set to green an link to intensity

put the channels you want to switch on a sub, set the sub timing to hold.

to be safe but a transparent rectangle on top of the address button so you can't select it by mistake

• I don’t know of a way off the top of my head to do exactly what you’d like to do, but there’s a way to do something very similar without too much work.

I would use a channel button with its background color linked to channel intensity, and then I would put a transparent button on top of it linked to a toggle macro, ie:

Macro 1: <toggle state>

Macro 2: Chan 1 @ Full Enter

Macro 3 copy to Macro 1 Enter Enter

Macro 3: Chan 1 @ 0 Enter

Macro 2 copy to Macro 1 Enter Enter

So you have a button that alternates between changing the intensity from 0 to Full and from Full to 0, and you'll be able to see those changes immediately because the button underneath it is linked to intensity.

As I’m typing this I realize that you could also set an unpatched, dummy part 2 to the channel as a dummy fixture with a green and red parameter, so that when you set intensity to full, you also set red to 0 and green to full, and vice versa when you set intensity to 0. And in that case you would want to link the color to channel color instead of intensity.

(’m pretty sure this would work with the part 2 unpatched, but if it has to be patched to take those values, then you can put them in a universe that you don’t actually have a way to output to, like 999/1-2. Obviously this would count towards the number of addresses that you can output from the console.)

• Or you could follow Ueli’s suggestion that appeared while I was typing this out. I tend to overcomplicate.

• Am I wrong or could you still select this if you dragged a selection box over the area where the address button is? The selection box selects all objects within its boundaries, even ones that you wouldn't normally be able to click directly on because they're shielded by something above them.

• that's currently correct, but there might be a change soon

Related