[Feature Request] Popup Virtual Keyboard on Consoles

Moving from Nomad to an Ion Classic has been nice but the one thing I've really been missing is the popup virtual keyboard, I find myself reaching for it constantly when it's not there and It's kinda cramping my workflow. It would be nice to access keys not on the Classic's facepanel quickly without having to open another tab. 

Thanks,

Tyler

Parents
  • What keys do you need on the Ion that aren't available on the console via hard keys or soft keys?  Are you sure that they aren't available via softkeys or via the shift key?

• I agree with Tyler.  I'd like to see it present on the console.  The case that I have is that I do busking on my Gio with external touchscreens.  I sit in front of the fader wings that sit in front of the external touchscreens.   It can be quite a reach to get to my Gio front panel, but I can easily get to the external touchscreens and pop open the virtual keypad.

If this is such a problem for some people, make it a configuration setting.

Steve

• I agree with Tyler.  I'd like to see it present on the console.  The case that I have is that I do busking on my Gio with external touchscreens.  I sit in front of the fader wings that sit in front of the external touchscreens.   It can be quite a reach to get to my Gio front panel, but I can easily get to the external touchscreens and pop open the virtual keypad.

If this is such a problem for some people, make it a configuration setting.

Steve

Children
No Data
Related