Q Timing question- Constant speed

Is there an easy way to get a constant fade speed across all channels as opposed to a constant fade time?

For example, if channel 1 is at 100% and channel 2 is at 50%, I want both to move at the same speede and hit 0 at the same time in 2 seconds, I fade channel 1 in 2 seconds and delay channel 2 for 1 second and then fade in 1 second. (At 1 second into the Q, both channels are at 50%)

Is there an automated system in EOS to do this or am I relegated to calculating this manually?

(I had a few DMX controlled spot motors in and I couldn't figure how to get the desired Austrian curtain effect without manually doing the timing by hand.)

Parents
  • I've been mulling over this a while and I don't have a great answer...I think that doing it by hand is the only way to achieve the effect that you're looking for.

BUT, if you build a generic version of that cue, then you can copy it into wherever in the show you want and then use the Rate key to change the overall timing. This is only really helpful if you're going to do the exact same thing over and over, though. You can probably come up with some Excel formulas to tell you what the timings should be for each channel, but without an "IF" command in the Eos console, I don't think there's a legitimate solution to controlling fade speed instead of fade time.

• I've been mulling over this a while and I don't have a great answer...I think that doing it by hand is the only way to achieve the effect that you're looking for.

BUT, if you build a generic version of that cue, then you can copy it into wherever in the show you want and then use the Rate key to change the overall timing. This is only really helpful if you're going to do the exact same thing over and over, though. You can probably come up with some Excel formulas to tell you what the timings should be for each channel, but without an "IF" command in the Eos console, I don't think there's a legitimate solution to controlling fade speed instead of fade time.

Children
Related