Unlocking universes with a backup? (Nomad Education Package)

Hello ETC Programmers,

I am a designer/programmer at a small school theater. We are currently running an Ion 1024, and are looking into getting another universe of output, but are on a tight budget. The Nomad education package has 2 universes, and is only $250.

I am wondering if when you connect a second console over a network a backup(in this case a Nomad education package) if the unlocked universes are combined, or if unlocked addresses are limited to the capabilities of one console. I know you can output DMX in client/backup mode(Ion manual 2.8.3 page 448), but I would like to know if you can output to different universes than the primary console. For example our Ion would output universes 1 and 2, and the nomad would output 3 and 4, but the Ion would still control all 4 universes. Obviously this would only work once though.

Thanks

Parents
  • No they are not combined. which ever has the lowest parameter count will be the limiting factor. Seeing as both your devices have a 1024 parameter count that is what you will have in backup mode.

The education package is great value and being able to have that as a back up will work great for your venue as they match the output.Remember that both items need to be running the same software version and fixture library.

Regards

Geoff 

• No they are not combined. which ever has the lowest parameter count will be the limiting factor. Seeing as both your devices have a 1024 parameter count that is what you will have in backup mode.

The education package is great value and being able to have that as a back up will work great for your venue as they match the output.Remember that both items need to be running the same software version and fixture library.

Regards

Geoff 

Children
Related