Slow faders using midi board through luminosus

Hey all!

So I'm running an Akai pro APC Mini midi board through luminosus on my laptop with nomad 1024.  I've gotten it setup easy enough and have assigned some faders to be controlled by the Akai faders.  However I've noticed that theres a bit of a delay between the two, and it only gets worse the more faders I bring up on the Akai making the nomad virtual faders go slower and slower.  When I map to a bump button on the other hand, they work just fine no matter how many I'm triggering which makes sense I guess as its probably less information to be processed than a fader being raised.  I was wondering if this was just the nature of the beast when working with Midi faders, could it be my laptop isn't quite up to snuff (I'm running a Dell XPS15 from 2019), or is there some form of optimization I can do with luminosus or nomad? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Parents
  • I would doubt that it's spec-related on your laptop.  I am doing similar with an APC20 and a Behringer BCR2000 on an 8 year old machine (which started with only 4GB of RAM).   How is the reaction time in Luminosus itself?  Are the faders slow there too, only in Nomad?

• Luminosus itself runs the faders with very little delay even when I use multiple faders at once.  Which leads me to believe that would be an issue between Luminosus and Eos somewhere?  Thanks for the reassurance on the laptop specs! Figured as much, but wanted some confirmation.

• That to me sounds like networking issues between Luminosus and Nomad.   Try disconnecting from all other networks (ethernet or wireless), set a static IP in the network settings, and connect to that IP from Luminosus.  See if that improves things.

• I went ahead and disconnected from all other networks (mainly wifi) and tried it again.  The single fader appears to run perhaps a little faster, but it is hard to tell.  Even just three .midi faders moving together slows the eos faders down considerably.  I went ahead and attached some videos of what I was seeing in eos and luminosus! 

Edit: I also wanted to mention that all of my up and down times on those faders are set to zero

• I went ahead and disconnected from all other networks (mainly wifi) and tried it again.  The single fader appears to run perhaps a little faster, but it is hard to tell.  Even just three .midi faders moving together slows the eos faders down considerably.  I went ahead and attached some videos of what I was seeing in eos and luminosus! 

Edit: I also wanted to mention that all of my up and down times on those faders are set to zero

Children
No Data
Related