iRFR

I wasn't able to make it to USITT for details, when can we expect to see the iRFR appear on the app store? I assume not until 1.5 is released? Will the wireless network be provided by WAPs, similar to the PDA remotes for Emphasis?

Can't wait till I can just walk into the space and do pre-show checks from my phone without leaving the stage...

Parents
  • We will be posting the iRFR app to the iTunes store shortly (will post a notification here then that is done).  We are still in final testing on this.   It will work with the current Congo/Congo jr release, but not with Eos and Ion until 1.5 is released.  You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

Thanks!

a

• Anne Valentino said:
    You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

I'm curious about setting up this closed wireless network.  I remember early on a lot of talk about not connecting the desk to anything with internet access (which is a good idea), but all the wireless routers that I have used require internet access to set up.  The iRFR wiki has had the same verbage for some time now without any updates but a couple of pictures.  I'd like to have this set up so when the iRFR is available I can use it right away.

• Anne Valentino said:
    You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

I'm curious about setting up this closed wireless network.  I remember early on a lot of talk about not connecting the desk to anything with internet access (which is a good idea), but all the wireless routers that I have used require internet access to set up.  The iRFR wiki has had the same verbage for some time now without any updates but a couple of pictures.  I'd like to have this set up so when the iRFR is available I can use it right away.

Children
  • Internet access is different than having access to the router or switch via TCP/IP.  Just because you have to use a browser to set settings on your router doesn't mean that it has to have internet access.

You would set up a closed network for your space.  It could only consist of the console and the wireless access point or wireless router.  That is a closed network (meaning that there is not access to it from the outside internet)  You would just have to configure the IP addresses correctly and you would be all set.

• Thanks for the post, Jeff.  The problem I was having was that the router wouldn't let me configure it to turn on the wireless until I had it connected to the internet.  The router is a Netgear brand, I didn't have this problem with a DLink that I used to hook up a wireless network to my sound board.   I had to take the router to a switch on my network, get it up from a computer there, turn on the wireless, and then take it off the network and set it up with the light desk.  I was then able to connect to the board with my client software, so I should be set to hook up once the iRFR is released.     Now, it's back to waiting patiently...ish.

Related