iRFR

I wasn't able to make it to USITT for details, when can we expect to see the iRFR appear on the app store? I assume not until 1.5 is released? Will the wireless network be provided by WAPs, similar to the PDA remotes for Emphasis?

Can't wait till I can just walk into the space and do pre-show checks from my phone without leaving the stage...

Parents
  • We will be posting the iRFR app to the iTunes store shortly (will post a notification here then that is done).  We are still in final testing on this.   It will work with the current Congo/Congo jr release, but not with Eos and Ion until 1.5 is released.  You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

Thanks!

a

• Anne Valentino said:
    You will need a closed wireless network.  We will provide further instruction on this via a wiki shortly.

I'm curious about setting up this closed wireless network.  I remember early on a lot of talk about not connecting the desk to anything with internet access (which is a good idea), but all the wireless routers that I have used require internet access to set up.  The iRFR wiki has had the same verbage for some time now without any updates but a couple of pictures.  I'd like to have this set up so when the iRFR is available I can use it right away.

• Internet access is different than having access to the router or switch via TCP/IP.  Just because you have to use a browser to set settings on your router doesn't mean that it has to have internet access.

You would set up a closed network for your space.  It could only consist of the console and the wireless access point or wireless router.  That is a closed network (meaning that there is not access to it from the outside internet)  You would just have to configure the IP addresses correctly and you would be all set.

• Internet access is different than having access to the router or switch via TCP/IP.  Just because you have to use a browser to set settings on your router doesn't mean that it has to have internet access.

You would set up a closed network for your space.  It could only consist of the console and the wireless access point or wireless router.  That is a closed network (meaning that there is not access to it from the outside internet)  You would just have to configure the IP addresses correctly and you would be all set.

Children
  • Thanks for the post, Jeff.  The problem I was having was that the router wouldn't let me configure it to turn on the wireless until I had it connected to the internet.  The router is a Netgear brand, I didn't have this problem with a DLink that I used to hook up a wireless network to my sound board.   I had to take the router to a switch on my network, get it up from a computer there, turn on the wireless, and then take it off the network and set it up with the light desk.  I was then able to connect to the board with my client software, so I should be set to hook up once the iRFR is released.     Now, it's back to waiting patiently...ish.

Related