The visualizer available from the ETC website isn't working using 2 computers.

I've downloaded the Mind_The_Gap_Viz_PC_RevA_2019-08-01.exe visualizer file from the ETC website.

I'm running the visualizer on my laptop. It's hooked up to a switch, and the switch is hooked up to my desktop computer, which is running Nomad.

Both computers are running Windows 10.

Both computers have the firewall turned off.

The desktop is in Primary mode. I know it's sending SACN because on the laptop I can view the SACN levels using SACNView.

I called tech support but they couldn't fix it.

The visualizer works fine when I run Eos on the laptop, but I only have one monitor for the laptop and I would prefer to be able to run Eos on the desktop and the visualizer on the laptop.

Parents
  • Hi John,

I had a similar problem with the Capture file for Mind The Gap.  I found a setting in the buried in the file which told my laptop which NIC to use when I had both my wired and WiFi in operation.  I had my wired in a 10.101.XXX.XXX connected to a switch.  The WiFi was in the 192.168.XXX.XXX.

The other thing to try is turning off the WiFi on the laptop when you start the Capture file to see if it autoselects the wired connection.

If you can't find the setting, let me know, and I will try to recreate how I found it.

Good luck,

JP

• I got it working. I think what may have happened was when tech support told me to turn off WiFi, I disconnected from the wireless network but didn't turn off WiFi.

Today, I turned off WiFi before starting Capture and it didn't work and it froze my system. I rebooted and all of a sudden it started working. I tried getting it to not work again just to see what the problem was but I couldn't get it to not work.

Thanks for your help.

Incidentally, I'm pretty sure I met you when we were shooting Hit The Floor at the Cerritos Performing Arts center.

• Yes, you did.  I recognized your user name from other posts on the forum.

Reply Children
No Data
Related