Bug: Backup Show Archive

Hi

we are using Eos 2.9.1 Build 17

I'm trying to backup our show archive with the menu in the shell.

Only shows with the extension .esf are in the backup. The .esf2 shows are missing completly!

What do i wrong?

Dirk

Parents
  • Hello, Dirk.  We are still working on this, so at this time you cannot use the backup feature to pull .esf2, but will be able to in future versions.

• Hello, this still seems to still be the case with backing up and restoring on version 3.2.8. I just exported all my showfiles to reorganize the folder structue. On the restore I only wanted to obring back the latest files. It seems that only .esf files restored using restore latest. What is the point of having backup/restore latest if it doesn't work for the newer file types (.esf2 and .esf3d), especially since these file types have been out for years.

• Thank you for reaching out. Out notes show that this was solved in 2.9.2 and 3.0 and a quick test seems to suggest that esf, esf2 and esf3d get backed up as well as restored.

Would you mind checking again while making sure that the latest version of a file is indeed esf2 rather than esf? Also, was this on Nomad (Mac or PC?) or a console?

• Hello,

I'm not sure when I will have time to try a Restore Latest again, but I did do a Backup Latest and folders and files are missing. Initially I thought it only seemed to bring back .esf, but in looking at it again and some old screen shots I took, it does look like the newer file types are backed up/restored, just not every latest one.

Below are screen shots showing the Full Show Archive on the hard drive and then what folders were backed up using Back up Latest. Note that folders are missing in the show archive compared to the USB Stick. Also, when I backed up latest, the total files backed up was about 70. I have more than 70 different shows stored on the console.

My initial process: On my ION Classic (Eos 3.2.8) I exported all files to a USB Stick (3000+ show files, about  2.5GB), I  then reorganized the files and folder names on a macbook, and then tried to do Restore Latest. That is when I noticed a bunch of show files missing.

Screenshots:

Show Archive on the left, USB with Latest Backed Up on the right. It looks like 5 main folders are missing and one showfile not in a folder is missing.

In this screen shot, on the left is 9 dance folders in my "Hartt Dance" Main folder. On the right is the latest backed up that only backed up 3 folders.

• Hello,

I did write a post with additional information and screen shots showing missing folders/files. Is there any additional insight on why the latest of every file is not backed up? Thank you.

Reply Children
No Data
Related