SOS SOS Live/Park/Bling Problems

Left Theatre 3 hours ago and designer was setting up some cues. Just called me to say some very weird things are happening. Apparently (I hope I get this right - I can't check until the morning) The PARK and BLIND lights keep coming on. Yet he claims he can see changes to lights on the stage (in Blind?) but he can't save cues. If he presses the LIVE button though he can't see lights change but he can save cues. I'm not that experienced  that I can remotely fix stuff like this so he switched off and I will go in.  its that PARK and BLIND that he keeps getting in the way. What, how the PARK button lights up is totally foreign to me. Any ideas on where to start with the in the morning would be appreciated. 

Parents
  • Went in early this am. 1st thing I saw when console (ELE2) came up was 1/ PARK button was lit and 2/ several fixture icons in MS had a "p" above them! I did a [Park] x 2 to see that display, and then [Park] [Enter] to get the offending channels out of park. Went back to live and things  returned to normal. I'm at a loose end as to how someone can inadvertently park a large number of lights. 

Question (I have never used park): if any channels are purposely parked will the PARK button always lit?

• If any channels (or addresses) are parked (purposely or accidentally) the Park key will be lit, and along the top of every monitor on the right hand side it will say "Parked Channels", "Parked Addresses" or "Parked Channels/Addresses".

You can park a channel in a few ways:

Park Park Chan 1 at Full (note that you don't need to type enter, since park is a blind display)

Chan 1 at Full Park Enter

Chan 1 Park Enter

Similarly, you can park an address in a few ways:

Park Park Address 1 at Full (note that you don't need to type enter, since park is a blind display)

Address 1 at Full Park Enter

• I'm not at theater right now but if someone were in live and selected a pile of fixtures in the MS so we got something like "34 thru 60" in the command line and then [Park] [Enter] would 1/ it assume zero intensity and park and 2/ go into blind automatically? Forgot to mention that this am I also found several lights FL when console came up which were parked in full. It appears this designer is hitting the park key on a regular basis.

The [Park][Park] followed by a channel list looks like it might be open to finger problems without that confirmatory enter.

I'm going in later to watch what happens.  

• Assuming you are in live for this...

1/ it assume zero intensity

No - it will park them at whatever value they are showing in live. So if Channels 34-59 are at 0, and Channel 60 is at Full it will park them at those values.

2/ go into blind automatically?

No

Reply Children
Related