iPhone remote connection to ion with one network port

Hi all my High school has an Ion and I’m trying to figure out how to connect the console to a dedicated lighting router. The console only has one network port and is being used for connection to the ETCNet port below the console. I can’t seem to figure out if I connect the console to the router then send a cable down to the ETCNet port using the modem port on the router? Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. How much does the upgrade to win 7 typically cost? Our console crashes sometimes during a show causing missed/late cues. It was probably manufactured somewhere in the 2010 range as it still has the flat keys with beveled edges.

Parents Reply
  • you will probably need to do some configuration, i think there was a software to configure your device, but it's now 13 years old, not sure if you still can find the software.

of course you can try if it works wihotut config. on the back you have 5 RJ45 connectors. one is labeled Modem. (i think it's the one on the right), so NOT use this one. plug the network cable from your console into one of the 4 ports and the connection to your network in another one of the 4 ports.

but be aware that if this device fails (and if i googled the right device it's quite old, actually dinosaur age in IT terms), your connection to the lighting network will be gone...

Children
Related