iPhone remote connection to ion with one network port

Hi all my High school has an Ion and I’m trying to figure out how to connect the console to a dedicated lighting router. The console only has one network port and is being used for connection to the ETCNet port below the console. I can’t seem to figure out if I connect the console to the router then send a cable down to the ETCNet port using the modem port on the router? Any help would be appreciated!

P.S. How much does the upgrade to win 7 typically cost? Our console crashes sometimes during a show causing missed/late cues. It was probably manufactured somewhere in the 2010 range as it still has the flat keys with beveled edges.

Parents Reply
  • ok, this can't work.

assuming that you're system (console and net3) is properly configured you will need to get the router and the phone into the same subnet as the console. so you need two IP addresses that are currently unused. do you have a list of which IP addresses are currently being used in your system, e.g. the gateways, maybe dimmer processors?

assuming the console's subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and the following IP addresses are not used you could make the router 192.168.0.200 and the phone 192.168.0.201, both with the same subnet mask as the console.

please bear in mind that you can use each IP address only once in your network, that's why you need to figure out which addresses are already used.

Children
Related