[Bug] Loss of MS editing ability

I came in to my console (having already been booted up for earlier operators to check channels) to find none of my MS editable - That is to say the edit tab was gone, as if locked, but all sheets across all users were in unlocked state, and the sheet was still drag + zoom capable. Not in limited expand or anything odd. Issue gone on Reboot. Running Eos Version 3.0 Build 389 on an Ion XE 20.

• Thank you for reporting this issue.  I see in the video that your magic sheet doesn't have the edit < arrow, but you can move it around. That definitely seems like a bug to me, but I'm not able to easily replicate it.

I think you are saying that any magic sheet  in that frame behaved the same way? 

Do you normally lock your magic sheets, or leave them unlocked?

Did you fire any Snapshots prior to this happening?  If you fire a Snapshot where you know they're unlocked, do they come back unlocked? (They should in v3.0.0)

Did you lock your console (Shift+Escape)?

Is this a multiconsole system or a single console?

Thanks,

-MattP.

• Hello! 

Any MS in any frame, across all snapshots and users behaved in that way. (Zoom & move capability, no edit arrow)

I normally leave my MS unlocked as I am continually editing them.

The console was not locked.

This was the master console on a multiconsole network, though I believe that day it was the only console on the network. 

I am limited in my ability to provide background info, as I was not the person to start up the console that day... I do have log files though, if that helps?

Cheers,

Anna-Lena

• Hi Anna-Lena, thank you for confirming all of that.  We think that this is a new issue to v3.0.0, and happens when a Backup or Client disconnects from the Primary. 

Another user found that reconnecting the Backup/Client brought the Edit button back. 

They were also able to fire a Snapshot that included the Magic Sheet, and regain the edit button. EDIT: this did not work for me in re-testing; firing a snapshot did not bring back the edit buttons for me

Logs from that user didn't really give us additional details (we don't track whether MS are locked in the logs, for instance).

Sorry for the trouble,

-MattP.

• Just had it happen again, can confirm that when the backup disconnected it lost the edit bar. Recalling a snapshot did not fix it.

Oh well, restart it is!

• Thanks for the update.

We've now been able to reproduce this in-house, and it's specific to v3.0.0; v2.9.1 does not have this problem.  We're planning to fix it in the next v3.x release of Eos software, but we don't have a timeline for when that will be yet.

• Hi there. I see this was fixed in 3.0.1, but I am working on a show that is unable to stop and update at the moment. Is there a workaround for this bug other than just avoiding shutting down the backup? And do we know when the problem resolves - if it is only after the primary is logged off and on, or can be fixed by re-logging on with the backup? I too found the snapshot triggering did not solve it. Thanks in advance!

• Until you can update to 3.0.1 the only workarounds are to reconnect the backup or exit out to the shell and re-launch Eos

Related