Feature Request: ArtNet 4 Unicast

Hi,

I have to control 3500 single RGBW-Leds and use 8-port ArtNet - DMX controller. Every controller with it's own IP and 8 DMX-universes (0-7).

I have to use Resolume Arena, Enttec Elm or Madrix, cause my Gio@5 has 48 universes but cannot address the ArtNet controller. I can't use

ETC-Gateways, cause 8 ArtNet-controller for 64 universes costs les than 1000€ (the price of one 4-port ETC gateway). Is there a way in the near

future to add ArtNet 4 to the Eos software ?

Thanks in advance

Jochen

Parents Reply Children
  • That's good to hear it's working.  Their manual implies you should be able to change the universes it is listening to through the website or dmxworkshop.  In Resolume you can set unicast IPs but generally that doesn't change the way the receiver/decoder works. It still listens to everything and filters it's subscription.

On large rigs the unicast definitely helps keep traffic down once you are at 5-10 links in a network, and I hope it is implemented some day, but I also haven't seen a noticeable problem to 30-40 uni of pixels from EOS yet.  And if I did it would be more with the lack of a sync signal which only a program like Madrix runs.

Related