Mac Running High Sierra Nomad Unable to Find Master Console in Eos 3.0.0

I know there are other similar forums on this topic, but I have not seen a recent one that addresses this specific issue.

I have an Ion XE and my Nomad on a Mac running High Sierra (won't upgrade any higher).

Prior to installing Eos 3.0.0 software (on both devices) I was able to find and connect with my Nomad as a Client, Backup, etc without a problem. Now, after the upgrade, my Mac won't even find the console (no Master is even listed when clicking the Troubleshoot button after trying to connect). I have made sure that my Mac's network setting are identical to what they were when I was able to connect in Client mode; i.e. Using DHCP, same IP, Subnet and DNS settings.

I do think that in my trying to fix the problem, I reset my Ion Port 2 (where I connect to the board via ethernet ports, not a switch). I have Obtain IP Automatically unchecked, then the recommended IP, Subnet Mask filled in to the spaces underneath, and Port 2 shows as being online. I also have the DHCP server checked with the same starting IP 192.168.100.20. In the time between now and when I was able to connect, I did use the Mac as a Master console for an outdoor production. I don't know if that may have caused an issue. I really should have written down the settings. This all started when trying to connect to a switch and not being successful, which is why I changed my initial settings.

Any advice on settings that I should look at? IPs? Is it a Mac or Eos software issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Both devices are on the same Software, Build and Fixture Library versions.

Parents Reply
  • Was able to get it running on my co-workers newer Mac running Catalina, so that was definitely the problem. Also had to check Obtain IP Automatically for the 2nd Port on the Ion. Thanks for your help,I have been pounding my head against the wall for days, and have tried everything I could think of. I have been able to use the old Mac on HS as a Primary running 3.0.0, so I figured I would have no issue with running as a client as well.

Children
No Data
Related