System Collision

Hello All

On the current television show I'm programming we are running 2 Gios, networked, for our main stage.  1 is an @5 that is primary and a Gio that is tracking backup. Due to a misadventure starting the stage up in the morning the backup was booted first and the @5 second but booted into primary.  The show files apparently didn't sync, but more on that in a minute.

When I got to the desk in the morning I didn't track that the system wasn't configured correctly.  I had lights on and work light subs on.  Colors were off on some of the LED fixtures we were running as works.  I grabbed the fixtures and tried changing the color back to 2700 and they wouldn't respond. I flashed them off and they went off.  I had intensity control but no color.  I thought it odd and put it in notes for the rigging department to check their mode.  We ran our first cue of the day and none of the LED Skypanels were in their correct color.  I had no color control but I could change their intensity.

I reloaded the show file.  Same thing.

I rebooted the console (with out assuring that the backup was on line) and the stage went dark. (VERY unfortunate)

On reboot the same issues were there.

Finally I had the backup board taken off line. It obviously wasn't synced.  As soon as that board was disconnected the @5 took over and the cue snapped into place. 

So it was a session collision that wasn't indicated, there were no warnings. One console had control of some parameters and the other console had others.

In MA there is a session collision notification that prevents operation.  Not in EOS?

I did call this in to tech support (spoke with Zack) but I got pulled back into programming when we changed scenes and I couldn't follow up.

E.I. (Teddy) Read

Lighting Programmer Equalizer

Parents
  • when multiple consoles are online, each as primary, you will get HTP behavior for each address. the consoles are not aware of each other.

so the fixtures with wrong colors that you could flash off: intensity on the other console was 0, on your console 100, so HTP says you're in control. but e.g. CTC parameter was at DMX level 200 on the other console and you tried to bring it ony your console from 100 to 0.

HTP in this case means you can change that value and your console will output this, but the nodes merging the two sACN streams do so following per-address-HTP rules.

• Thanks Ueli.  It forced us to make a procedure. So that’s good I guess.  It was an exciting 10 minutes.

Reply Children
No Data
Related