Multiconsole Power ON Questions

Hi,

we have the following setup: ION XE and a computer with a Nomad dongle on the same network, that should start automatically through the MultiConsole Power On command.

I wanted to have the ION as backup and the computer as remote, then trigger a macro with the MultiConsole Power On command through the ION, but the macro is not triggerd due to not finding the primary.

I guess this is the expected behaviour. I could trigger the command manually through the CIA and the computer will start up, so the WakeOnLan configuration is working. Is there a solution to trigger a macro although the primary is not present?

Switching the ION to primary and the computer to backup solves the problem with firing the macro, but now I have to actively confirm the MultiConsole Power On Command. Is there a way to confirm through the macro? A normal enter in the macro did not do it.

The Idea behind having the ION as backup is, that the ION then has to wait for the primary to boot up, this would be the preferred solution. As the computer is at a different place as the console, the power on precedure is always triggered from the ION.

I hope it's understandable what I wrote ;) and it would be nice if someone has an idea how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Torsten

Related