Multiconsole Power ON Questions

Hi,

we have the following setup: ION XE and a computer with a Nomad dongle on the same network, that should start automatically through the MultiConsole Power On command.

I wanted to have the ION as backup and the computer as remote, then trigger a macro with the MultiConsole Power On command through the ION, but the macro is not triggerd due to not finding the primary.

I guess this is the expected behaviour. I could trigger the command manually through the CIA and the computer will start up, so the WakeOnLan configuration is working. Is there a solution to trigger a macro although the primary is not present?

Switching the ION to primary and the computer to backup solves the problem with firing the macro, but now I have to actively confirm the MultiConsole Power On Command. Is there a way to confirm through the macro? A normal enter in the macro did not do it.

The Idea behind having the ION as backup is, that the ION then has to wait for the primary to boot up, this would be the preferred solution. As the computer is at a different place as the console, the power on precedure is always triggered from the ION.

I hope it's understandable what I wrote ;) and it would be nice if someone has an idea how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance.

Torsten

Parents
  • I think I follow you and I know I have been able to turn on our ION remotely from a laptop.  One thought is if your network is static?  Otherwise it may be your primary that is acting as a DHCP server.  Meaning your laptop may not have a correct IP if it is waiting for the sever.

• Thank you for the reply. 

Our network is completely static and no dhcp server is running. The setup is working as expected, so I can start the console from the computer and the computer from the console (if I want). So WakeOnLan configuration is working perfectly.

The Issue I have is, that I cannot fire the startup macro from the console if it is configured as backup. But I can go to the network tab in the CIA and trigger the MultiConsole Power On manually, which is working fine.

If the console is primary ,the macro is working perfectly, but I have to manually confirm the MultiConsole Power On command, but I want to have the startup process as simple as possible, as there are some guys working with the console that are not familiar with the whole backup setup.

I hope that clearifies my issue.

• Is the backup loading the show when it's booted without the master?  Can you fire the macro manually and have it work?

• The last show is still loaded, so the macro is kind of present, but the show is not synchronizing due to the missing master and therefore not "starting" up. I cannot fire the macro as long as the Console is a backup and the master is not present, i can just trigger the startup command through the CIA. As i wrote, i guess this is to be expected, as the console will unfortunately not execute any show data if it is in backup mode and the master is not present. So this might be a dead end. :(

• Sasha - backup consoles do not have showfiles (and cannot open files in this role) until after a sync with a Primary so there is no macro to fire.

Reply Children
Related