ETC ColorSource Relay

Just opened a box of three new ETC ColorSource (Wired) relays. Luckily I see that these are addressed as 512 by default. I've never used RDM.  We have several hard wired opto-isolators in the line going back 25 years! So definitely not two way. Question: If I really wanted  to change the address could I plug a temp DMX cable out of the ELE2 and directly into the relay to program it? And once a new address was programmed I am assuming that address will 'hold' when not in use! I.E. Does RDM have to police its targets all the time? I'm totally RDM illiterate, at this time

Parents Reply
  • A final question before I slink off down into the light pit: Using some old 4 outlet SCR dimmer boxes to cut power (not a 'bright' idea) I patched them to 97-100 (we have a 96 Sensor rack) and put them into a sub for the operator to turn them on and off. 

Just to double check. With our new ETC Relays the instructions tell me they will auto turn on and off when a DMX is present or not. Should I simplify things then by(using the default) park 512 at 100% thereby relieving our operators another job? 

Children
No Data
Related