Record dmx in

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am not a regular on EOS Family. We have created a show on GrandMA2 and now we want to switch it to EOS. I would like to know if there is a possibility to launch my cues from the MA desk and to record the values sent from this desk on EOS Family?

I do it the other way around, to get an ETC show to play it on the GrandMA2 and it's very useful and fast to record a show.

I've been looking all morning but I couldn't find any information about this. And since 7 years ago it was not possible...

Thanks ! 

Parents Reply
  • To answer you properly, I need a higher-level understanding of what you're attempting to do.  It sounds like

• you have a combination of static background looks (cues?) and dynamic moving looks (subs). 
    • You are controlling the subs via OSC faders from Abelton and Max live (?).
    • You want to run through a sequence once and "record the complete DMX output of the console to tape"
    • Be able to rewind that "tape" to the beginning and use a single sync command to start it, so no one has to make all the OSC fader movements in the moment

Is that correct?

If so, then you're correct - Eos consoles do not have a feature to record and re-run a series of dmx levels in that way.

As you say, Events in the Event List for subs are limited to bumps on and off in current software - you cannot record fader movements as Events.  Cue playback can be learned into Events, so at least that part of your show can be automated.

I'm not sure if your OSC sending devices have the ability to record and re-play movements?

Children
No Data
Related