A little Offset-challenge

I'm afraid it might not even be possible, but maybe you guys can help me:

I'd like to write an Offset-Macro that let's me split X rows of six fixtures into 2 groups, where group 1 is the first and group 2 ist the last 3 fixtures in each row.

For example:
1 Thru 6 + 11 Thru 16
should turn into
(1 Thru 3 + 11 Thru 13) + (4 Thru 6 + 14 Thru 16)

Thanks in advance!

Parents
  • 1 [Thru] 6 + 11 [Thru] 16 {Offset} {Num Groups} 4 [Record] [Group] 1 [Enter]

[Group] 1 {Offset} {InterLeave} {Num Groups} 2 [Record] [Group] 1 [Enter][Enter]

• Thank you for your suggestion. That is pretty much what I'm doing at the moment.
    I would like do it without recording any placeholder-groups during the process though.

For context: I'm currently cleaning up my Magic Sheets, which are full of macros and commands that use groups/palettes as placeholders/variables. My goal is to get rid of those where possible to clean up my lists.

It's not a necessity, rather something to satisfy my OCD.

• is your goal to have a recorded group in the end. or is it just a temporaly selection?

• What intrigues me, is the "spezial" selection of groups of 6. How are you doing it?

If you ask for a macrobase solution there maybe is a pattern of regular use.

• What I'm doing at the moment is pretty crazy to be honest.
    Bear in mind, that this is technically not a macro, but a command that lives in the command-field of a MS-button.

[Enter] Delete Group 1 [Enter][Enter]

Delete Group 2 [Enter][Enter]

Select_Last Record Group 1 [Enter]

Group 1 Offset 6 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 2 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 3 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 4 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 5 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 6 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 7 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 8 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 9 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 10 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 11 + Group 1 Offset 6 / 12 Record Group 2 [Enter]

Group 2 Offset Num_Groups 2 [Enter]

macro:Close

This was the first solution I found and I stuck with it since it works. I use Offset 6/ X 12 times since there are actually 3 rows of fixtures I use this macro for. If I select just 2 rows, the unnecessary Offsets return a Syntax-error, but the macro still does it's job. This gives me high flexibility with the press of just one button.

• Wow.

I noticed some irregular stuff.

Let me suggest some cleanup for you.

1. Don't delet Group1&2. Overwriting them would be enough.

2. Why making 2 groups if only 1 would do it?

3. Offset 6/7-6/12 is not a valid command. Only 6/1-6/6 is allowed

• And in my oppinion there is no way of not recording at least 1 temp. Group.

But i will give it an other try:

We will asume you have 5 Rows of 6 Fixture. And for our purpose they will be named:

Group1 [1>6]

Group11 [11>16]

Group21 [21>26]

Group31 [31>36]

Group41 [41>46]

Now you want to select a hand full of the rows and have your special selection.

Here would be my attempt:

[Group]11+[Group]21+[Group]31 [Enter]

{Offset} {Chan Per Groups} 3 {Jump} 3 [Record] [Group] 2 [Enter] [Enter]

[Group] 2 {Offset} {Num Groups} 1 [Record] [Group] 2 [Enter] [Enter] //doing only 1 Subgroup

[Select Last] [Select Last] [Select Last] - [Group] 2 {Offset} {Num Groups} 1 [Update] [Group] 2 [Enter] //3 times Select Last would be your first selection(Row1)

##########

Your Macro could start as yours, with the first [Enter]

• 1. Don't delet Group1&2. Overwriting them would be enough.

I wrote this of the top of my head, I probably have it set up that way in my file.

Yes, as I said, if there are less rows selected this returns a syntax error for every row that is not selected, but it works anyway.

[Group] 2 {Offset} {Num Groups} 1 [Record] [Group] 2 [Enter] [Enter] //doing only 1 Subgroup

[Select Last] [Select Last] [Select Last] - [Group] 2 {Offset} {Num Groups} 1 [Update] [Group] 2 [Enter]

Thank you, this is definitely the better solution!
    And you are probably right, that there's no way to do it without the temporary group.

• 1. Don't delet Group1&2. Overwriting them would be enough.

I wrote this of the top of my head, I probably have it set up that way in my file.

Yes, as I said, if there are less rows selected this returns a syntax error for every row that is not selected, but it works anyway.

[Select Last] [Select Last] [Select Last] - [Group] 2 {Offset} {Num Groups} 1 [Update] [Group] 2 [Enter]

Thank you, this is definitely the better solution!
    And you are probably right, that there's no way to do it without the temporary group.

Children
Related