Park

I'm running a relay pack in slot 1+2 in the SENSOR rack to distribute 120vac to the ML's.  I was under the impression that if I parked these at 100% they would stay that way. But if I use [Select Active] [Out] they go down to zero and turn all my MLs off! I know that to stop subs being wiped out I can use {Select Active][Select Active] but this is a real pain with respect to the parks.

How can I ensure my Parks stay where I want and merely go out and come on when board goes off on on? 

Parents Reply
  • What is your system architecture?? Do you have any DMX nodes? One of my facilities connects the console to the dimmers and lights via a series of Net3 Gateways. In the gateways, you can set a DMX Loss timing. In other words, the gateway will hold what DMX values it last saw if you lose DMX signal. It treats the console shutting down as a loss of DMX.

Could something like this be what's happening to you??

Children
  • Our architecture is very simple. Single universe DMX only to SENSOR rack patched 1 to 1 for the 96 dimmers. Dimmer pack D20 for 1&2 was replaced with a ETC R20 relay pack. We are using its output to supply mains voltage to our MLs.

Manually putting channels 1&2 to FULL closes the relays and setting 1&2 to zero opens the relay as expected. And they can be put into a sub. Sub up = power. Sub down = no power again, as expected.

Now, if in LIVE I put 1&2 to FULL and PARK the relays work. BUT! When ELE2 is shut down the relay remains closed and power is maintained! I wiped out the PARK and then went into the PARK screen and set it up again with same results. I would have thought the relay would have opened when DMX signals ceased upon board closedown.

If PARKED and this happens should I  set  these channels to zero in a closing macro?

Related