New to ETC consoles and want to know how to connect the EOS software on a Mac to our old Element console.

I am volunteering at out school's performing arts center that has an older Win7 EOS Element console.  I did just update the software to the latest version 3.0.2.6.  I have downloaded the EOS Nomad version on a MacBook Pro with the same version.  I have the iOS iRFR app working as a remote. (Huge timesaver when checking and focusing lights!!)

Is it possible to use the MacBook as a remote control for the Element console?  Do I need to purchase a dongle or something, or will it just connect over the network once I figure out the correct settings.  I didn't want to dig too deep if I need to buy something first.  The Element is an isolated room and without volunteers it would be nice to control lights from the sound booth.

I have seen the education pack advertised for $250, but can't seem to find anyone who actually has it available.  If I can network the two together without the extra dongle, that would be wonderful.

Thank you!

Parents Reply Children
No Data
Related